As the Content Strategy Manager for Google Express Customer Support, you’ll help drive the development of clear, consistent, and accurate Help content for both Support teams and Google Express shoppers. In this role you'll be part of a leadership team focused on delivering compelling, informative and engaging user experiences across our offerings.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Manage and be responsible for the output of a team of content strategists developing and producing high quality content at scale across a range of products.
- Help manage team operations, including developing new processes and workflows to increase efficiency, driving quality standards and successfully balancing workloads.
- Work with Program Managers, User Experience Researchers, User Experience Designers, and Marketing to ensure strong cross functional collaboration and prioritization across teams.
- Develop and scope team projects that map to critical business goals.
- Scale best practices in content creation, including setting quality standards, implementing reviews and making process improvements.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant experience in UX writing or online publishing.
- 3 years of experience managing or leading UX writing teams.
- Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines for web and mobile applications.
- Knowledge of online technology and related technology and products.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work closely with teammates and manage a variety of disciplines.
- Superb writing, editing, and project management skills.