About the Position:
The iX Content Strategist role will define an end-to-end content strategy connecting all aspects of our customer product, solution, and technology iX engagement points and ensuring a consistent, seamless, and exceptional and customer experience.
The role will be responsible for driving innovative content strategies in iX, and defining a content development framework that connects iX deliverables to customer problems. The role will be responsible for working with the IA to review the overall iX portfolio, working with iX functional leaders to update and add content types as needed by the business and driven by industry and customer trends. The content strategist will also be responsible for recommending changes and improvements in content strategy to improve usability of content and the overall iX content experience.
- Engage with customers, partners, field personnel, and other customer-facing roles and functions to understand our customers’ current and future needs.
- Lead information design discussions, for example, represent iX needs and the optimum experience for improvement of feature documentation/pathway pages. For example, work with the IA to define ongoing improvements to feature documentation. Establish design principle criteria for future design and content strategy.
- Generate a focus on simplicity in iX content design and extend that to product design where possible.
- Review and update the content portfolio (working with the Information Architect) to include new content areas. Define new requirements and identify gaps. Work with the iX functional leads to suggest changes and additions. Understand and define the interdependencies/interactions between the various iX content areas, including solutions/narratives, product documentation ( both traditional and guidance design), Network Design and Architecture Center, iX branded and unbranded content.
- Propose improvements to current iX product support strategy and workflow where appropriate—automation of tasks, other efficiencies, and work with iX Leadership and iLX Leadership teams to socialize.
- Partner with iXDigital team to lead iX involvement in Tech Library improvements and modernization.
- Assist in the definition of the iX future state and define needed workflow changes to implement. For example, define a post FRS process for updating and refreshing content. Perhaps work with other iLX teams to introduce customer centric features, for example, a needs assessment. .
- Provide analysis of current industry trends and their suitability to Juniper’s content offering.
- Lead information design discussions, for example, represent iX needs and the optimum experience for improvement of feature documentation/pathway pages. For example, work with the IA to define ongoing improvements to feature documentation.
- Work with the iX Web Experience and DigiEng teams to provide content input for new design features, for example, the automatic metadata information delivery on the content pages.
- 8+ years of experience in content design, content strategy, or related field, with a demonstrable portfolio of accomplishments showing “before” and “after” scenarios.
- Be able to articulate and implement a set of key content design principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant field; Master’s preferred
- Experience in a customer-facing or customer advocacy role preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written English skills