The Google Technical Services Consumers team is on a mission to delight the hundreds of millions of consumers who rely on our flagship products like Gmail, Android, Chrome and Google Play. We’re an operational team that focuses on delivering excellent customer care and being there for consumers when they need us most. Our team engages consumers across the globe through our online resources and communities, social outreach, and 1:1 care. We represent the voice of the consumer and work closely with cross-functional partners across Google to make our products and policies better. We're looking for people with excellent analytical and communication skills who are passionate about the consumer and helping them get the most out of Google.
As a Content Strategist, you will help drive the development of clear, user-friendly online content for people who use Google’s consumer products daily. You will define guidelines for online help content across a suite of Google products and to develop innovative user education. You’ll oversee the creation of online help material and make sure it’s engaging, user-focused, and following established standards for web content. You’ll also advise and shape content development and maintenance strategies, set content quality standards, and scale proven best practices across teams in order to increase customer comprehension, product adoption, and issue resolution.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google supportexperience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Drive the development of the online help content strategy across multiple Google products and edit help center articles ensuring style guide standards are followed.
- Work with and coach content managers to develop effective educational material to help users get the most out of products.
- Drive innovation and experimentation in leading edge content formats, information architecture and rich media.
- Scale best practices in content creation, including setting quality standards, implementing reviews and making process improvements.
- Ensure a consistently high standard of content is being produced by partnering cross-functionally with legal, PR and other editorial groups.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in online content production, editing, or marketing communications for consumer-focused communications.
- Bachelor's degree in English or Journalism.
- Experience writing inspiring, benefit-oriented, consumer-focused copy.
- Demonstrated understanding of user experience principles, rich media and social media.
- Ability to build strong relationships with cross functional partners and to mentor junior team members.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.