$100K — $150K *
Job Title: Content Strategist
Company Overview: Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
The Content Strategist will develop content strategies that satisfy customers, business needs, and build brand for Ooma and its website. You will devise and make improvements to best practices, processes, and tools used for content ideation, generation, presentation. and distribution. As a content strategist, you will be setting guidelines and coaching others throughout the company to create high-quality, engaging content that delivers results. You will be joining the marketing team in the digital group, which is charged with transforming Ooma's digital experience and presence. You will strategize the development of a wide range of content such as infographics, whitepapers, videos, webinars, emails, newsletters, landing pages, print collateral and more. Your content strategy will help acquire new leads, educate prospects, win new business, upsell and cross-sell solutions, and win loyalty from customers.
- Build and execute a content strategy for Ooma and its websites.
- Conduct content inventories and audits to identify current content and future content needs.
- Develop customer-focused digital content solutions that support brand objectives and user goals.
- For content incorporate best practices for search engine optimization and analytics.
- Conduct strategic content assessments (qualitative and quantitative) to identify content opportunities to support the business and customers' needs.
- You will leverage data analysis, user research, and content audits to inform your content strategy decisions.
- You will develop content guidelines that support customer needs, business objectives, content lifecycle management and enterprise content strategy.
- Work with a cross team like product, engineering and sales to create, review, and gain consensus around strategies.
- Champion content strategy to our internal stakeholders.
- Map all content needs against the customer lifecycle
- Develop content strategy for our new products and services
- Ideate and develop content schedule for whitepapers, webinars, infographics, blogs, landing pages, videos, etc. to engage the target audience
- Develop content strategy to support marketing campaigns
- Establish workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, repurposing and retiring content
- At least 8+ years of experience in online content strategy.
- Strong communicator able to synthesize and communicate content strategy among internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration and personal leadership skills with ability to drive cross-functional projects forward.
- Ability to leverage data analysis, user research, benchmarking, and content audits to facilitate content decisions and deployment
- You must be able to synthesize information from multiple sources and come up with content strategy.
- Ability to perform detailed content analysis and gap analysis with supporting documentation.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Experience in the development of content inventories and taxonomies.
- Understanding of SEO best practices, and ability to train others on SEO best practices.3+ years of writing experience for website and marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Communications or similar field
-Competitive salary and equity
- Medical / Dental benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
Valid through: 6/11/2021