JOB SUMMARY: Oversees the strategy and execution of content marketing programs across media channels at IDEXX. Manages activities in Media Strategy and Marketing Communications group, providing content marketing strategy for lines of business (LOBs) and Business Functions. The role will include account management, marketing communications and advertising strategy and planning; creative services including copywriting and graphic design; market research; web-based marketing; and/or operations, including managing resources, workflow, infrastructure and processes. Manages staff, balances resources, assigns work and evaluate results. Support the development of budgets, operating policies and procedures. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Content marketing leader who works cross-functionally on content marketing strategy and planning. Provides integrated strategic marketing communications services for product managers and others to promote IDEXX products and services. Coaches business to leverage content marketing to develop and deliver market growth opportunities. Provides ongoing coordination of content marketing initiatives and leads projects, managing schedules, deliverables and budgets. Acts as liaison to external/internal creative groups to provide content/image direction for effective execution.
- Create, manage and establish guidelines for digital content
- Developing standards, systems and best practices for content creation, voice, tone, style, distribution, maintenance, and content repurposing
- Collaborate with designers, analysts, product managers and commercial marketers to serve a global content audience
- Train and support global content contributors
- Manages internal and external creative services involving copywriting and graphic design. Create content in various formats, including print, internet, direct response, trade shows, press, packaging, video and new media. Writes copy, edits copy, and/or generates graphic designs that support marketing objectives.
- Web-Based Marketing. Manage web-based communications strategy and execution through Company website. Defines website content, standards and delivery, ensuring consistency of messaging, format and use and overall customer satisfaction.
- Marketing Operations and Traffic management including managing resources, workflow, infrastructure and processes to enable content marketing to accomplish objectives.
- Indirectly manages staff, assigning work and monitoring activities. Manages escalated/critical issues. Provides coaching and guidance to staff and promotes staff training and development in content marketing. Supports the development of department budget, policies and procedures.
- Leads work activities of the area, planning and organizing work, providing for adequate staffing and resources and maintaining work on schedule so that ongoing internal and external customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Communicates with other related departments/external resources to coordinate work and resolve issues as needed. Provides internal/external customer feedback and leads/participates in internal teams/projects related to Marketing Communications initiatives, new program development and other areas as needed.
- Leads/contributes to process and other improvements based on evaluation of existing programs, procedures and business needs. Utilizes data, metrics and system tools to ensure efficiency and to maximize internal/external customer experience. Identifies problems, obstacles and opportunities and takes action to address issues.
- Leads/contributes to maintenance of department technology and systems resources. Coordinates with technology department, otherinternal departments, vendors and others as needed to resolve issues, perform system upgrades and maintain ongoing functionality.
- Prepares reports and other information summarizing work activities and reports results to peer groups as well as senior management. Prepares various analyses as needed to highlight issues and resolve questions.
- Maintains knowledge of Company products and services as well as changes and developments in the industry affecting work activities. May participate in outside industry groups and forums related to business activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English preferred. MA in Journalism or MBA in Marketing a plus.
- 10-15years experienceas a respected leader in multichannelcontent creation
- Experience delivering multi-channel content strategy for a global audience
- Hands-on experience with: content creation, publication calendars, content inventories and audits, content mapping and modeling, voice and tone guidelines, and governance documentation
- Experience developing content for customer journeys using either Marketo or SalesforceMarketing Cloud