What You'll Do:
- You consider yourself a marketer, first. You have an eye for what content to produce and know how your content is performing, so you can tweak your output/production accordingly.
- As mentioned above, you’ll be leading content strategy and production touching 2 key areas: 2) Sales enablement content working closely with product marketing, and 3) post-sales content for our current customer and user base, both strategy and execution. You will also work on some mid-funnel content to fill in the gaps!
- You will co-own our overall video/YouTube strategy along with our Sr Content Marketing Manager and will focus on white-space ‘How-to’ content primarily to attract, teach and retain relevant buyer personas.
- You will contribute to the blog especially as it pertains to spotlighting customers and their successes.
- Deeply understand customer needs and create resources that can be used by the sales team further up the funnel.
- Own our customer comms program including the monthly customer newsletter and other ad-hoc customer communications especially as it relates to pricing changes, product announcements and so on.
- You will own our customer education and training resources program - again both strategy and execution. This could include stuff like how-to videos, courses that customers (but also prospects) can take to upskill themselves, product announcements that drive usage, etc.
- Work with our sales and customer success teams to source testimonials, customer referrals, customer stories, low-fi videos and more for use across our digital channels.
- You will build and maintain relationships with a network of subject matter experts and influencers, and effectively work with them for co-marketing purposes. This is an important part of content marketing and could really help us scale reach.
- Run monthly reports, in-depth analysis of your content’s performance and how it contributed to lead gen, MRR and so on.
- You will utilize freelancers where needed and will have the support of our large marketing creative team to bring your ideas to life.
Intended career path:
Director of Content Marketing. We feel that this role is equal parts marketing and content development.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in various Content Marketing or Product Marketing roles.
- You’ve worked in marketing at an agency or a SaaS/tech company, and are more than familiar with the goals of demand gen and product marketing in this context.
- You are used to working closely with demand gen, sales, and customer success.
- You are used to doing some market, customer and competitor research, and developing an understanding of what makes our buyers tick.
- You can run a tight, rigorous process and manage multiple projects and stakeholders through reviews and approvals.
- You are good with a high degree of flexibility and the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- You possess the desire to roll up your sleeves, execute, and create scalable processes within a growing company.
- You are self-motivated and will constantly seek out ways to help the company with reach and efficiency.
- You are a strong writer and storyteller and can preserve the story of another writer to craft a compelling narrative while policing voice and tone.
Why join us:
- We are a global company with 140+ subscription customers worldwide and are experiencing strong revenue growth. You will be exposed to all aspects of a business in startup mode and scaling quickly.
- We’re 100% distributed, so you can work from anywhere in the world.
- We value employee development and offer mentorship, meaningful work and many opportunities to step up and lead.
- See something you want to improve? Awesome. We’re a flexible and collaborative team that is always learning and growing.