In this role, you’ll be responsible for setting the content strategy and executing its creation and distribution to drive inbound traffic, nurture leads through the funnel, and drive brand engagement across the customer lifecycle. Utilizing a combination of content marketing expertise and creativity, you will create, optimize and distribute content that engages and educates our target audiences and continues to position Funding Circle as the leader in small business lending.
As part of the US marketing team, you will drive the development of a wide range of content including website copy, blogs, infographics, videos, customer testimonials, emails, newsletters, and more that support our aggressive marketing and demand generation plan. Your content strategy and execution will be essential to acquire new leads, educate prospects, win new business, and win loyalty from customers.
As our ideal candidate, you are an exceptional storyteller and you understand content marketing is more than just words. You are customer obsessed and grounded in trends, insights, and data. You are highly collaborative and creative. You are results oriented with a strong bias towards action, and you are always curious and thinking about what's next.
You’ve got expert chops in content marketing but can scale across a variety of big initiatives and thrive in a dynamic, hyper growth company.
What You Will Do
- Lead, define, and execute Funding Circle’s content strategy across the entire customer life-cycle including onboarding, lead nurture and retention initiatives.
- Ideate, plan and execute best practice guides, blogs, infographics, videos, customer testimonials, emails, newsletters etc. to engage the right audiences.
- Grow and develop engaged audiences on owned channels, including our blog, website, email, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Improve and optimize existing content for better rankings in search and higher engagement on social media.
- Establish a workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, re-purposing and retiring content, including management of our freelancer network.
- Deepen and grow our relationships with content partners.
- Collaborate with in-house and agency creative teams to not only create visually engaging content but to bring content assets to completion.
- Work closely with our communications team to support initiatives that drive continuous conversation and press coverage.
- Consistently monitor customer, industry and competitive intelligence to inform content plans and identify key opportunities
- Incorporate metrics and track progress using qualitative and quantitative data on content, by measuring engagement, leads, sales, conversions, and customer advocacy, etc.
- Create a dashboard and regularly report on a measurement plan with clear success metrics tied to company goals
What You Bring With You
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, journalism or communications.
- 5 years leading and developing world-class B2B and/or finance content marketing, brand marketing and social media initiatives.
- Portfolio of work for web, blogs, customer testimonials, social media, email and video
- Great understanding of demand generation, search engine optimization and customer lifecycle marketing.
- A strategic, metrics-driven mindset and a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate to get the best results possible
- Excellent time management and project management skills, with the ability to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders and quickly execute high quality work.
- Experience managing content creators and external agencies.
- Ability to summarize data and insights into easy-to-understand updates with a focus on results in the form of awareness, engagement, sales and advocacy.
- A motivated self-starter with a track record of building relationships, both internally and externally.
- Experience in community management and/or channel development a plus.
- Small business, finance, banking or SaaS marketing experience preferred.