Essential Duties and responsibilities
1. Represents WKH-Clinical Solutions in a positive, professional, and customer-focused manner. Treats fellow employees and customers in a Fair, Honest, Responsive, and Results-Oriented manner.
2. Applies practical clinical experience when evaluating and interpreting scientific literature and other evidence.
3. Couples clinical experience with synthesis of evidence to determine appropriate, meaningful inclusion of new information in referential or data-driven clinical decision support databases.
4. Assesses and mitigates risks of drug therapy and clinical decision support based on knowledge of pharmacotherapy as well as disease/condition and patient-specific variables.
5. Responsible for creating and revising high quality drug information (referential/embedded) consistent with the format and structure of the databases.
6. Participates/collaborates in the transformation and/or review of content transformed between referential sources and defined content structures for embedded datasets.
7. Submits work for collaborative peer review and responds appropriately to comments and criticisms. As a member of the team, critically, professionally, and thoroughly reviews the work of others to prompt improvements in clarity, consistency, accuracy, and accessibility to information across the spectrum of healthcare providers. Understands the use of the data by customers and factors this awareness into decisions. Identifies and corrects omissions or quality issues in the content.
8. Anticipates problems or issues and identifies creative ways to solve problems or mitigate risks.
9. Applies clinical knowledge and expertise to assist with development and implementation of as well as adherence to policies. Clearly articulates WKH policies, processes.
10. Achieves productivity by consistently meeting deadlines as defined in the Content Priority Policy and by meeting departmental and individual goals.
11. Maintains currency in practice domain as well as industry knowledge via reading, attendance at professional meetings/educational conferences, and other activities (i.e. clinical practice, teaching, research, discussions, etc.). Develops and maintains professional relationships.
12. Shares information and expertise with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
13. Participates in the process of new product development or enhancements. Provides input for product design from a clinical perspective. Participates in the design and enhancement of tools used to manage content. Responds promptly to marketing and sales feedback (when appropriate) to introduce new information and/or concepts into the database.
14. Provides a high level of customer service by offering customer and client support on an as needed basis, as well as responds in a timely and accurate manner to queries regarding content. Understands the needs and expectations of the assessment and validation of client problem. Ensures quality responses (written and verbal) to customer inquiries. Works with other departments and authors to improve data/products and their appeal to selected segments of the market as requested.
15. Produces timely and accurate reports. Participates in the collection of data regarding updates (source, nature of update, and timing of response/integration) and reliably maintains data in existing workflow tools. Facilitates the documentation and reporting of quality issues per corporate policy.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
A minimum of 3 years of clinical practice experience
Pharmacy practice or clinical residency (preferred)
Board certification in pharmacotherapy or a specific sub-specialty is desirable.
International drug content knowledge or development experience is desirable
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Pharmacy License in good standing
Solid knowledge of clinical/content area of responsibility
Proficiency in literature evaluation and/or data analytics and clinical decision support
Ability to make independent, clinically appropriate decisions
Strong critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
Proficiency in written, verbal communication skills
Computer literacy in word processing (required), spreadsheet use (required)
Varies, based on area of content development
Normal office environment.See More
Valid through: 4/20/2021