What We Are Looking For
Northcentral University (NCU) is poised to launch new programs within the School of Education. NCU is currently seeking Content Experts to design curriculum in the follow specialization(s): School Safety, Security, and Emergency Management
Develop/revise course work within the school/department. Curriculum development may include, but is not limited to:
- Composing course descriptions and course learning outcomes that align with program learning outcomes and/or institutional learning outcomes.
- Write learning objectives using Bloom’s revised taxonomy that support course and program outcomes.
- Locate or create high quality content, such as video lectures, presentation files, multimedia, web resources, and journal articles, aligned with the course learning outcomes.
- Promote student success through appropriate scaffolding of learning tasks
- Justify progressive rigor throughout individual courses and entire programs
- Compose welcome transcripts, assessment rubrics, and teaching guides.
- Implement standards, templates, and feedback as provided by the University and School.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with Curriculum Development team while meeting project deadlines that usually conform to an 8-week development cycle.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in composing learning objectives and aligning those objectives at multiple levels.
- Skill in integrating concepts of diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice into curriculum content.
- Skill in developing high-quality content with progressive rigor throughout a course and program.
- Ability to create scaffolding for learning activities.
- Skill in creative activity assessment rubrics with multiple task elements and differentiated performance statements.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, phone systems.
- Ability to handle a diversity of details in order to make informed and responsive decisions on matters that impact the curriculum development team, other professors, and students.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governing body regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with the online delivery of education and the systems that support it.
- Willingness to participate in trial use of new technologies and integrate new technologies into instructional design, curriculum development, and teaching.
- Skill in using or eagerness to learn to use multiple technologies to design, teach, and communicate with colleagues and students (learning management systems, Skype, etc.).
- Demonstrated mastery of APA style.
Education and Experience
- Doctoral degree in Emergency Management or Educational Leadership with a specialization in School Safety/Security or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three (3) years of professional experience performing tasks closely associated with School Safety/Security, School Resource Officer, School Emergency Management, Crisis Leadership (PK-12), Organizational Leadership (PK-12) or community-based policing.
- Must have personal computer, reliable internet connectivity, and ability to facilitate remote communications.
This position operates in a remote, home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.