Less than 5 years experience •
InfoScout is looking for talented junior engineers to join our analytics team at InfoScout. The content engineering team is responsible for interfacing with the product team and developing the sophisticated reports within our homegrown SaaS platform, InfoScout Insights. They are responsible for solving how to balance complicated volumes of data into a simple set of visual interactions, flows & outputs.
The right candidate has enough data analysis to be able to marry a business question to a data set. Probably know enough SQL to be dangerous but this is not a strict requirement, however they have had experience working with data outside of excel. They are comfortable working with products that will be client facing and a few analytical chops are useful too. S/he may be a person with a successful internship after a coding bootcamp and looking for that first full time role or may be currently working as a backend engineer but wanting to ramp up on a new style of role after that includes analytics & the view layer.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science
- Business analysis & delivery for projects & visualization is a differentiator
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool (Tableau, MicroStrategy, Looker)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Start-up and/or CPG industry verticals
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of 1-2 years of software development experience or equivalent education
- Experience with Pandas, Shiny, R or similar for data analysis
- Experience with best practices on CICD & Git based source control
- Solid understanding of data visualization techniques & libraries
- Solid understanding of unit testing
- Strong eye for design quality and intuitive user experiences