Gore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Our diverse portfolio includes everything from high-performance fabrics and implantable medical devices to industrial manufacturing components and aerospace electronics. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 40 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for a Content Director to join our Marketing Communications team in Phoenix, Arizona. We will, however, consider a remotely-based candidate in any US location.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will the candidate will collaborate with internal teams and strategic agency partners to ensure consistency of content across all (sub)categories including harmony with the brand, the right messaging, and uniformity in style/tone to create a seamless customer experience. The candidate will interface with other Marcom Associates such as the Global Creative Director, Marketing Services Leadership, Multichannel Strategist, Digital Experience Associates, Strategic Marketers and Product Specialists, as well as Strategic Agency Partners. The primary focus of this role is to drive accurate strategic development and execution of content across traditional and digital channels.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about providing support for state-of-the-art implantable medical devices
- Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
- Possess the ability to develop a clear strategy that builds trust, inspires and engages the right audience at the right time
- Be passionate protecting the company and Medical Products Division brand and voice
- Collaborating with Strategic Marketing and other MarCom Associates during the FY planning process to define content strategy and requirements that best achieve business goals and contribute toward comprehensive marketing plans
- Converting key business insights into well-designed content strategy that creates a sustainable vision and contributes to revenue growth; accurately aligning content strategy with business goals to ensure marketing objectives are met or exceeded
- Providing direction to agency partners to develop engaging content based on customer insights and business objectives; participating with the Communications Strategy Team to review and approve strategic agency partner campaign message maps, templates and content to ensure strategic alignment with Gore brand messaging, audience brand narrative and messaging targeted to customer segments
- Planning, writing and editing digital and traditional content for complex projects; recommending which content is the most appropriate for the brand, campaign channels and marketing channels to ensure content is consistent and style choices positively impact ROI and market share
- Partnering with the Global Creative Director and the Global Digital Leader to validate brand integrity and consistency in content, templates and style guides prior to release to the market; advising the Creative Execution Team to ensure multichannel content is accurate, comprehensive and meets business objectives
- Partnering with other content creators within the organization to leverage best practices, sharing learnings and ensuring consistent content strategies
- Working with the Analysts to leverage a data-driven view of credible metrics and well-reasoned analysis; developing mechanisms to track response rates, engagement rates and measure KPIs
- Analyzing data, competitive and industry content research, customer personas and buying practices to understand content consumption behavior, inspiring narrative and create content experiences tailored to a category's target audience
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years' experience developing digital and traditional content in the medical device, pharmaceutical or life science industry or equivalent agency experience with healthcare focus
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital and traditional media, emerging trends, creative tools and customer experience
- Proven expertise at planning, creation, refinement, and management of traditional and digital content that drives the brand story in a compelling way, builds trust in the brand, creates awareness, drives engagement, and increases market share
- Demonstrated experience and strong understanding of multichannel strategy and ability to partner with other Marcom specialists to successfully impart this understanding and ensure channel, digital and content strategy are in alignment
- Deep knowledge of assigned products, competitors and their position in the marketplace
- Understanding of information architecture using multi-media approaches; in support of content marketing, effectively adapts content to different digital and social media platforms including blog, social media, banner ads, video production, etc. and to shape the customer experience
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.