- ResponsibilitiesIdentify unique client needs and translate them into well-defined research requests;
- Design customized research projects on various topics for K-12 clients;
- Appropriately scope and phase out complex multi-phase projects to fit Hanover model;
- Manage the execution of education research projects using a variety of different methodologies by Hanover’s staff of Content Analysts and Research Associates;
- Edit reports for content, structure, and overall clarity to ensure quality control;
- Effectively communicate and explain Hanover’s methodologies and findings to clients;
- Deliver actionable insights and strategic recommendations to clients and leadership;
- Provide updates to Hanover clients on on-going research projects;
- Collaborate with Client Solutions staff to develop long-term relationships and to ensure client satisfaction;
- Provide researchers with guidance and constructive feedback on assigned projects;
- Act as a mentor and coach to entry-senior level research staff.
- Desired Skills and AttributesStrong command of primary, secondary, and quantitative methodologies and procedures;
- Willingness to tackle complex, often unfamiliar research requests;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple short and long-term projects in order to meet deadlines;
- Ability to proofread and edit research projects while providing constructive feedback;
- Experience writing and researching for a business or professional audience;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven ability to make quick and informed decisions under tight deadlines;
- Desire to work directly with clients and ensure their satisfaction and retention;
- Working knowledge of education trends;
- Demonstrable problem solving skills;
- Strong command of the English language and demonstrated writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Proven academic and professional achievement;
- High comfort level with Microsoft Office applications, such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power Point.
A Master’s degree in Education, Business, Economics, Psychology, Political Science, Sociology, or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience without a Master’s or who hold other degrees will be considered.
Minimum of 5 - 10 years of full-time work experience conducting research, survey design/analysis, or professional writing, preferably within the education sector. At least one year of which in a management position. Applied education research experience is preferred.