Alpha Media – Longview, TX is seeking an experienced Content Director with a great attitude and exceptional work ethic for East Texas on-air and online.
Alpha Media has a passion for great radio and digital content. Our philosophy is to be smaller, faster, and bolder working as a high functioning, best of the class team, at all levels. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships within our communities.
Alpha Media, headquartered in Portland, Oregon operates 207 radio stations within 45 markets across the United States covering all formats.
We are live, local and can’t wait to talk to you!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Identify, develop, coach, and manage the promotions staff and on-air talent
- Analyze ratings and market research to grow the audience base, identify market risks and opportunities in order to improve ratings.
- Monitor and analyze competition and develop strategies to outperform competitors.
- Work with Promotion Directors and Digital Managers to drive audience engagement and build the station brands across broadcast, digital, and live entertainment.
- Work with on-air talent to ensure they invest in original content for the digital platforms.
- Assist in design and execution of live events.
- Support the Market Manager by leading the day-to-day management of station programming including, but not limited to, managing productivity, cost, technology, and production capabilities, and protecting the station from FCC infringements of on-air conduct.
- Provide leadership and oversight for direct reports, including guidance and identifying development opportunities.
- Drive results through your team and hold them accountable to business metrics and expectations, as well as ensuring they support market sales efforts.
- Execution of and contribution to central resources (e.g., programming an Alpha Media station, asking SVPP to call in talent coaching, etc.).
- Provide visible leadership and communications to the market.
- Actively support the Market Manager and Director of Sales in driving revenue growth (e.g., supporting sales calls to provide brand / product support).
- Develop broadcast and digital strategies that will strengthen the presence of station brands.
- Analyze your brand’s digital metrics for both the station and on-air personalities to measure performance.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and promotions to create brand-appropriate content to drive digital audience, fan engagement, and revenue.
- Inspire and manage talent, both on-air and off, to expand their show digitally and socially.
- Creatively use digital properties to grow terrestrial ratings.
- Strategically use on-air inventory to grow digital audience.
- Review and approve all commercial and paid programming content.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with record labels, producers, artists, managers, composers, and other industry contacts.
- Schedule station music to ensure music remains consistent with station’s brand.
- Direct and monitor station programming and activities in accordance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy, and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Lead a content-driven team through example, coaching, inspiration, motivation, focus, and dedication.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience working in some form of digital content.
- Experience with programming and digital brand management.
- Understanding of the markets, listeners and competitors to drive optimum ratings growth.
- Knowledge of industry trends and revenue drivers with an ability to create and develop a brand that engages audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task while balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- A strong talent mindset – exceptional people management and team performance/coaching experience.
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations.
- Proven ability to lead and execute in a fast-paced, active environment.
- Able to handle on-air shift
- Experience working within CMS
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a growing entity submit your cover letter and resume ASAP by clicking on the Apply button.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
Decision Making Intermediate Adaptability Intermediate Problem Solving Intermediate
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic:Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Work-Life Balance:Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Broadcast and Electronic Media or related field.