Research and Analysis:
- Research and analyze knowledge needs of internal associates utilizing a variety of research techniques to gather information.
- Analyze new or changed user tasks due to new product/program/process releases and upgrades.
- Interacts with subject matter experts, managers, project teams, trainers and associates. Takes input from these business partners to formulate a plan for development of content deliverables.
- Conduct audience and task and information needs/gap analysis and creates content plan that outlines the writing plan for creating the knowledge deliverables.
- Develops deliverables per content plan utilizing structured authoring techniques and minimalist writing approach.
- Writes clear, concise and accurate information that addresses the intended audience.
- Identifies downstream impact of content changes and develops a plan to update, rework or rewrite content as needed.
- Develops and executes project plans to deliver information on time and with the highest quality using authoring standards and style guides
- Actively participates in business initiatives to support the information and knowledge needs on launch.
- Develops solutions that address complex needs and supports higher levels of productivity with highest levels of quality content.
- Evaluate and improve the effectiveness of content
- Maintain domain, authoring and tool expertise
- Assist in the development and maintenance of authoring standards, style guides & internal team processes.
- Support the maintenance, testing & issue troubleshooting of content management tools
- Contribute to the design, development & deployment of content management technology initiatives
- Perform analysis on usage, determine knowledge gaps, search & content improvements
- Stay current with industry trends in knowledge and content management including process, technology, methods
- Participate in business planning, KM strategy & setting direction
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in technical writing, knowledge management, content development, process/procedure development
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload to meet multiple deadlines in fast paced environment
- Experience using content and knowledge management software is highly preferred
- Strong efficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Experience with XML based authoring tools, DITA, Content Component Management System
- Experience, training and/or certifications in content development techniques such as Minimalist writing, Structured Authoring, Topic based authoring, Information Mapping
- Experience with content management infrastructure, architecture and management, such as templates, metadata, taxonomy, ontology, asset tagging, UX design, search indexing
- Domain expertise in ADP’s products and services
Req Number: 168701