Job ID 54943
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for an OpenShift Infrastructure Architect to join us in Dallas, TX. In this role, you’ll join our regional consulting operations or Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and DevOps Practice, which specializes in the design and development of automated container platforms, deployment pipelines, and cloud-ready application architectures. You will learn to design and guide implementations of modern cloud infrastructure and delivery workflows on large-scale container platform clusters using Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible by Red Hat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Atomic, and OpenShift by Red Hat. We’ll need you to be able to quickly learn new technologies.
Primary job responsibilities
- Design automated, containerized cloud application platform solutions focusing on infrastructure concerns, including networking, storage, virtualization, security, logging, monitoring, and high availability and system resilience
- Assist in pre-sales discovery and solution development
- Learn new technologies quickly, including topics like container orchestration, container registries, container build strategies, cloud storage, and software defined networks
- Be available for frequent travel to work alongside leading financial services, retail, telecommunications, and institutional clients
These are the skills you'll be expected to have going into the role:
- 8+ years of platform architectureexperience, with 4+ of those years specifically focused on enterprise virtualization or cloud
- Background working in a strategic advisory capacity to senior IT and business executives
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Here's how your skill set will evolve and what you'll learn during your first year in the role:
- After joining Red Hat, you will go through an intensive training program on Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift technologies and related DevOps topics.
- At 2months, be prepared to join a project team by acquiring the following:
- understanding of how to stand up production-ready container platforms, integrated with existing enterprise systems
- knowledge of how to deploy source code into running, scalable containers in automated fashion at enterprise scale
- practical product experience
- Within 6months, be ready to design container platform solutions and lead routine container platform projects by attaining the following:
- successfully completing multiple customer projects using OpenShift by Red Hat
- knowledge of how a customer use case can be developed into a system architecture and project plan based around Red Hat technologies
- understanding of how Red Hat technologies can transform software delivery (DevOps) practices at large organizations
- contributing lessons learned, best practices, and how-tos to our internal and external communities of practice
- Within 12months, be ready to design multi-product cloud solutions and demonstrate technical leadership in container platforms by accomplishing the following:
- designing and leading complex, large-scale implementations of container platform technologies in challenging customer environments
- helping other consultants learn DevOps and container technologies and processes
- applying new technologies, frameworks, or methodologies to container platforms
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.