The Technical Consultant in Mitel’s MiContact Center Technical Consulting and Integration organization is responsible for design, configuration, development, installation, testing and deployment of Contact Center solutions developed by Mitel and its technology partners for our external customers.
The Technical Consultant works with customers, distribution partners and Mitel’s Professional Services organization to transform customer requirements into an implemented software solution, leveraging core product technology. The Technical Consultant also works with Mitel’s Product Management to ensure that forward product development delivers functionality valued by the customer.
An effective Technical Consultant is highly self-motivated, has a broad technical skill set, significant depth in Contact Center software, technologies and architectures, exceptional communication skills, adheres to process, is detail oriented, and enjoys collaborating with and mentoring other consultants. This individual knows what they know, and what they do not know, and is willing to do research as well as reach out for help within the Professional Services and Support teams as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience in consulting and implementing sophisticated Contact Center solutions with geographic redundancy and IVR applications. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience in designing new solutions, as well as redesigning existing solutions to meet a customer’s changing business environment.
In order to achieve success as a Technical Consultant at Mitel, a solid understanding of the Contact Center and IVR business and technology is required. The ability to recognize your audience and speak to business and technical personnel on their level is critical.
Technical Consultants are required to:
- Perform requirements gathering and discovery, business analysis, solution and architecture development, systems configuration and programming, testing and implementation support. Perform solution lifecycle management for existing customers through periodic solution health checks to validate and re-optimize existing Contact Center systems.
- Participate in pre-sales at times with technical presentations, discovery, and development of quotes and statements of work.
- Install and configure the Mitel suite of Contact Center products.
- Integrate Mitel Contact Center solutions with third party hardware and software, including business process applications such as salesforce.com and SAP.
- Develop solutions and create design specifications that extend the core applications to implement client-specific interfaces, workflows, reports and analytics.
- Learn the application to the point of understanding its capabilities and limitations, and to use this knowledge to provide features to meet clients’ needs.
- Interact with clients to analyze business requirements and design appropriate solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to clients on issues of performance and scalability.
- Develop good relationships with business partner and client personnel.
- Possess understanding of basic database concepts: normalization, constraints, indexes, triggers, and basic syntax.
- Have the ability to analyze and problem solve.
Location and Travel
- Preferredlocations for this position is Ottawa, Canada. Some flexibility in location will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
- It is expected that this position will have up to 20% travel within North America.
- Degree/diploma in Engineering, Computer Science and/or Mathematics.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience as a Technical Consultant or Professional Services engineer working with external customers and software product implementation in a Contact Center environment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with voice engineering technologies such as IVR, CTI, call routing, ACD and PBX integration. Mitel training and/or certifications are a plus.
- Experience writing solutions requirements, design specifications, and statement of work documents.
- Ability to understand technical documentation including system architecture diagrams, rework instructions, acceptance and test procedures, etc.
- Understanding of basic database concepts: normalization, constraints, indexes, triggers, and basic syntax.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Prior Contact Center operations experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL or otherdatabase tools, as well as ability to review and understand XML data structures.
Mitel is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.