Contact Center Support Engineer
WHO WE ARE
Claim Technology is a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals who are leading Travelers’ digital transformation journey and driving business value that creates a sustainable competitive advantage for our company. We deliver, implement and administer technology solutions that enable all Claim employees to be more effective at their jobs and meet the needs of our company’s customers.
- Are you comfortable working with business and technical teams to deliver high quality, reliable and maintainable software.
- Have the desire to work on a team to improve on what we’re doing right and fix what might not be going as well.
- Want to join a team dedicated to the happiness of our customers.
Then, Claim Technology is the place for you!
- Is dedicated to enabling our technology systems to be as intuitive, delightful, automated, and resilient as our customers expect them to be.
- Is charted to create solutions that help our customers easily interface and transact with Travelers throughout the claim process.
Travelers is a property casualty insurer with a rich history of innovation that spans three centuries and has yielded numerous “industry firsts.” We issued the first insurance policies for automobiles, aircraft liability, accidents in space flight and lunar exploration, and identity fraud expense reimbursement, and we created the first predictive analytical model to help injured employees avoid chronic pain and opioid abuse. We are a leader in personal, business and specialty insurance and the only property casualty company in the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
At Travelers, our single biggest competitive advantage is our people. Every day, our employees move Travelers closer to achieving the vision of being the undeniable choice for the customer and an indispensable partner for our agents and brokers. We are a team driven to fulfilling our promise to take care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the power of 30,000 people. All working together to ensure that we’re performing today and transforming for tomorrow.
Ready to go where you’ve only imagined? Apply now and move your career to the next level with Travelers.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- You will work with business and technology teams supporting the Claim Voice and Contact Center ecosystem
- You will work directly with business and other technology areas to deliver new capabilities that will enhance our customer’s experience as well as increase business efficiencies.
- You will perform trend analysis of ongoing production incidents then develop action plans for resolution.
- You will monitor the environment for service impacting issues then escalate and communicate when necessary.
- You will have the freedom to be open-minded, creative, and self-critical.
- You and your team will also have the autonomy to experiment, especially in the spirit of agile – do what works, try new things, and stop doing things that don’t work.
- You will constantly challenge yourself to learn as technology evolves.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Working knowledge of Contact Center operations.
- Curiosity of or experience with agile and lean philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to advise and communicate critical user and systems issues.
- Effective at influencing outcomes to deliver business results in a matrix-reporting work environment.
- Ability to prioritize across multiple competing priorities and ensure timely outcomes.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience collaborating with business areas to achieve business goals.
- Fast learner and driven to action.
- Basic knowledge of Kanban and Agile principles.
- Knowledge of contact center software (Genesys, Avaya, Cisco).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
Job ID: 16122BR