Contact Center Business Systems Sr. Manager
ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Customer & Operational Services:
Southern California Edison’s (SCE’s) Customer Service Organizational Unit (CS) shares the responsibility to safely deliver reliable, affordable electricity to our customers. We support this effort by working to meet customer expectations. Customer Service is dedicated to operational excellence and innovative thinking through our workforce in our call center, field operations, billing and payment center, outage and demand-side management and other service offerings.
The Customer Contact Center (CCC) Senior Manager of Business Systems will work with other senior leaders of the CCC, Information Technology, and sourcing and vendor management teams to continuously improve our customer contact channels, including >16 million inbound call transactions. Responsibility includes ensuring compliance with public safety, regulatory and legal requirements, as well as evolving our IVR, call routing, and other call center tools to provide a simple and satisfying customer experience. Position will directly oversee a team of call center analysts and specialists as well as work with multiple IT and operational managers to ensure critical systems are available 24/7. Position will partner with IT and SAP implementation teams to ensure customer contact center systems support the transition to a new customer information system, including staff augmentation support.
- Provides vision, direction and manages the overall activities for the CCC Business Systems team and functions, including call routing between CA and out of state call centers, IVR management, fraud prevention, relationship management with vendors and IT, and business resiliency activities.
- Lead and develop a team of CCC analysts and specialists
- Establishes department goals and objectives and develops plans to accomplish them. This includes strategic planning for short, mid and long-term business needs including staffing and resource requirements. Develops and implements departmental and customer contact center personnel performance targets and metrics as appropriate.
- Manages the development, recommendation and implementation of policies, procedures and processes to ensure consistent application, achievement of service standards, improvement in customer experience as well as safety and compliance.
- Leads or supports cross-functional teams to develop Operating Unit (OU) wide projects and programs.
- Develops plans to integrate best practices, continuously improve processes and managing tasks and activities to ensure progress.
- Collaborates across a broad spectrum of key stakeholders: Business Customer Division, Revenue Services Organization, Meter Services/Grid Operations, Customer Programs and Services, Consumer Affairs, Corporate Communications, Transmission& Distribution and Information Technology. Understand change impacts of initiatives, provide guidance and solve problems, frame issues and provide insight on considerations, pros/cons, etc., for decision-making and exercise influence to ensure contact center objectives are not adversely impacted.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) to internal and external stakeholders and manages cross-OU relationships.
- Five or more years managing or supervising an organization unit or team.
- Available 24/7 when needed to resolve immediate critical system issues.
- Bachelordegree in business, information systems, or related discipline.
- Broad knowledge of company and customer service operating unit policies, objectives, strategies and goals; discipline or functions being managed; applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with organizational change management practices and leading through significant change.
- Demonstrated experience leading and motivating a technical or analytical team. Embrace and lead a culture of inclusiveness and accountability through coaching and feedback.
- Exceptional skills to influence in an indirect, matrix-based and virtual environment.
- Demonstrated experience in sponsoring initiatives and projects through business planning processes.
- Experience making strategic and tactical decisions to ensure systems or operations maintain their ability to meet business goals.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of employees, including executives
- Results oriented and ability to handle multiple concurrent activities
- Leadership and people management
- 5 of more years of experience in, development and support of mid-size to large scale projects related to call center or other customer facing operations technology
- 3 or more years of experience with key call center technologies and integration such as but not limited to: IVRs, ACD, dialers, Speech Recognition, Natural Language Speech applications, routing applications, workforce management, call recording and analytics as well as system integration
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing multi-year strategic plans to evolve a customer facing operations similar to a contact center
- Demonstrated experiencecollaborating withinternal stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position.