Foot Locker, Inc is the world's leading retailer of athletically inspired footwear and apparel. Our brands include Foot Locker, Champs Sports, Footaction, Kids Footlocker, Lady Footlocker, Eastbay, and SIX:02.
We are seeking a talented Manager to join the growing Consumer Research team within the Global Marketing organization working across the Foot Locker brand portfolio. In this role, the Manager will be responsible for utilizing tools of primary and secondary market research and data analysis to provide unbiased, objective, in-depth understanding of the market, product performance, customers, and competitors. The ideal candidate will have strong project management and communication skills, analytical aptitude and a willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. A passion for putting the customer first is a must, and experience with research is preferred.
The primary goal of this position is to lead consumer research and provide actionable insights for Foot Locker Inc. This person will use tools of primary and secondary market research and data analysis to provide unbiased, objective, in-depth understanding of the market, product performance, customers, and competitors. ?
- Conduct primary and secondary market research, utilizing internal resources as well as vendor partners.?
- Participate in the framing of business questions, identification of information needs, and development of research plan.
- Manage the research process to deliver objective, in-depth understanding of customers, competitors, product performance, and current and future market developments.?
- Help the brand teams to optimize each brand’s value proposition (differentiation, product positioning) and effectively target marketing initiatives.?
- Provide recommendations on marketing strategies and tactics based on qualitative research insights and data analysis.?
- Identify and develop research sources to provide a 360 degree view of the market landscape to predict trends in market dynamics, competition, and customers.?
- Engage in proactive and effective interaction with internal marketing and other clients.?
- Build framework to pilot a customer panel and partner withinternal stakeholders to recruit consumers and map activities.?
- 3years of Market Research experience, preferably in an agency, retail or consumer packaged goods environment.?
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Psychology or Communications preferred.?
- Self-starter and the ability to navigate a start-up environment within a matrixed organization.?
- Strong organizational skills needed.
- Project Management/Leadership experience.
- Highly analytical with exceptional communication and critical thinking skills.?
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, both locally and remotely.?
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Office applications.?
- Familiarity with syndicated data providers (Forrester, Ypulse) as well as survey tools (InMoment and Survey Monkey) is a plus.?