FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our Washington, DC office to join our dynamic brand marketing practice. We’re seeking a PR professional with a background in and a passion for consumer lifestyle communications to work with collaborative teams on integrated programs encompassing both media and influencer relations, brand messaging, social media, and more.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the nation’s capital, FleishmanHillard DC practice groups include Brand Marketing, Public Sector, Public Affairs, Creative, and Social + Innovation. Clients include U.S. Army, Samsung, Anheuser Busch, and many more.
At FleishmanHillard, we embrace challenges, think boldly, trust each other, and harness our talented worldwide network to provide the best in-class counsel to our roster of remarkable global clients. Are you ready to join the team?
We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Develop and execute strategies for national consumer media for campaigns, products/services and compelling trend stories. Must have strong relationships with consumer lifestyle media.
- Assist in the execution of high-quality campaign and/or product launches and media programs from conception to execution to placement.
- Work with senior members across the office to manage and execute integrated communications programs that embrace all areas of communications including product PR, branding, social media management, crisis/issues management, and media relations.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day deliverables for the brand practice’s account teams, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Drive story idea development and work closely with media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Work with integrated teams to provide clients with seamless multi-channel solutions utilizing traditional PR, digital and social media platforms to deliver maximum performance and results.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including messaging, press releases, pitch letters, background materials, planning documents, and executive communications.
- 5 or more years of experience in developing and implementing communications programs, with an emphasis on public relations work for large consumer lifestyle and public sector clients. Agency experience is preferred.
- Depth of well-rounded experience in the consumer practice area, with proven success working with a variety of top-tier consumer long-lead publications, short-lead consumer media and national broadcast media, including national morning shows. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Understanding of product integration, media partnerships and sponsorship opportunities.
- Experience managing and coordinating projects with multiple work streams, including managing more junior team members, both directly and indirectly.
- Excellent writing abilities with extensive experience developing and editing high quality written materials, including media correspondence and story angles; and illustrating strong presentation skills.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs and intranet), print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.