Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Consumer Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving a wide array of consumer marketing programs and lead our team’s marketing compliance efforts. The role will partner with diverse cross-functional teams and external agencies to strategize, execute, monitor and deliver results for PayPal Credit marketing initiatives including Credit Line Increase, Choice and Product Marketing. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the development, monitoring and reporting on marketing processes and campaigns to ensure compliance with established polices and rules. A successful candidate will be a customer champion, have a strategic and analytical mindset, embrace creativity, and be highly effective at communicating with internal and external partners. Additionally, the candidate must have the ability to succeed in a heavily matrixed environment, where success is dependent on your ability to collaborate with partners across the enterprise in a positive, productive, and transparent way.
- Promote new and existing product features to our customers in partnership with the PayPal and PayPal Credit Product teams to expand customer utility and usage with our products.
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for our Contingent Line Increase (CLI) programs in partnership with Risk and other engagement campaigns to drive incremental spend and usage with PayPal Credit customers.
- Address customer pain points in partnership with Operations & Customer Service to reduce customer friction and improve NPS. Derive insights from Voice of Customer surveys and customer call feedback to develop marketing strategies.
- Partner with Marketing Operations in campaign execution and Analytics in test design and campaign measurement.
- Coordinate marketing calendars with NA Consumer Marketing to ensure an optimal customer contact strategy and customer experience.
- Manage the marketing compliance SME for the team. Develop and refine processes as needed with Marketing Operations that create more control around list instructions. Create & maintain any exception reporting that is needed and be on point for any marketing audit and compliance questions.
- Additional responsibilities as needed based on business priorities.
- 10+ years marketing experience with focus on direct marketing skills including segmentation, creative development with internal and external agencies, A/B testing and measurement
- Digital & mobile marketing experience
- Ability and demonstrated experience in working with an array of cross-functional partners include Product, Customer Service, GCO, Compliance, Analytics, Risk, Marketing Operations, and other Marketing teams
- Customer-focused mindset balanced with compliance and regulatory needs
- Right & left brained marketer: equally strong in creative/conceptual thinking as well as strategic/analytical thinking
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fluid, ever changing environment. Proactive in approach with a focus on driving results and outcomes with multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Drive innovation and customer advocacy. Be a positive change agent with a “can-do” attitude
- Intellectually curious, quick study who will learn the business quickly. Conscientious, curious, hard-working individual who craves accountability and loves to solve complex problems. Self-starter/autonomous
- Consumer Credit experiencepreferred. Understanding of the financial services, financial tech and payments industry/ecosystem a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Impeccable character and integrity. Team player
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; MBA preferred
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.