About Loop Commerce:
Acquired by Synchrony in June 2018, Loop Commerce is a transformative force in the $400 billion gift-commerce category. Our company helps leading brands and retailers like Banana Republic, Target, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Neiman Marcus eliminate the traditional obstacles their customers face when trying to purchase items as gifts.
Among our many offerings, Loop Commerce's patented GiftNow service integrates seamlessly into retailers' stores to offer gift-givers enhanced choices at check out, and gives gift recipients options such as changing the size or color of an item before it ships to allow more confident, faster purchase decisions for shoppers and less hassle for recipients. Loop's GiftNow is fast growing to become the ubiquitous consumer brand and gifting service, implemented and driven by these leading retailers.
On the momentum of GiftNow's success, Loop Commerce has recently expanded with its Gift360 suite of products to drive further value to retailers and consumers alike, redefining how people buy and receive gifts across the digital and physical worlds. Additionally, ecosystem partners in payments, AdTech, logistics, social, and loyalty are benefiting much from Loop's technology, capabilities, and vast network of leading retailers, now partnering with Loop to enhance their own businesses.
Loop Commerce and GiftNow have been profiled by numerous news organizations, including CNBC, CBS, USA Today, Chain Store Age, and Forbes. We're changing the game for commerce as it relates to shopping for others, leading the category that is now defined as g-commerce (gift-commerce). Our company has also been recognized in 2016 as the best tech startup in Silicon Valley, and in 2017 was awarded the most innovative company in FinTech and commerce. Loop Commerce defines its vibrant culture as being a family-like and fun-loving atmosphere, focused on defining the leading edge of something meaningful for millions of people. Now, while maintaining our startup culture and fast-paced innovation, Loop has the backing and support of Synchrony to fuel and accelerate its growth and success.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS LOCATED IN MENLO PARK, CA.
- Own the B2C and B2B2C marketing strategy and execution for Loop; be at the forefront of creating and changing consumer behaviors related to gifting.
- Ability to build and manage a team — you must lead, motivate, inspire, set a direction, and rally support to deliver.
- Ability to influence and develop desired consumer behaviors in gifting space.
- Strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day to help reach marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience.
- Develop consumer education that achieves desired behaviors.
- Cultivate the messaging / approach for what it means to shop with GiftNow.
- Develop the B2C and B2B2C playbooks — what works, how to maximize growth, best practices, etc.
- Understand and develop specific strategies for high-season gifting (holidays, graduations, etc.) as well as year-round, evergreen opportunities (birthdays, etc.).
- Understand and drive appropriate loyalty applications to secure customer stickiness.
- Conduct consumer research to understand and act on customer insights and behavior.
- Develop a cadence for real-time marketing triggers to encourage product usage.
- Continue to identify opportunities to make the consumer experience as frictionless as possible.
- Represent the voice of the market and customer as business strategies are developed, goals are set, and opportunities for growth — both organic and inorganic — are seized.
- Work with PR (internal and external resources) to execute Loop's strategy.
- Strong understanding of the customer experience and how we can engage at the right touch points to drive usage.
- Influence product roadmap based on consumer insights.
- Deep domain customer segmentation development — purchaser, recipient, gift customer, etc.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications, business, or a related program preferred. Master's degree a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years of hands-on marketing experience in the B2C / direct-to-consumer space with a focus on bringing new brands and consumer services to market, including building and scaling consumer awareness, education, and adoption.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Experience with digital marketing and acquisition channels from strategy to tactical execution.
- Experience with and understanding of both brand and performance advertising.
- Start-up experience a plus.
- Marketing experience in retail, direct marketing, or the gifting space a plus.
- Strong digital commerce understanding required.