ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
The Consumer Lending Origination Compliance Manager will be a member of the Lending Compliance team within Compliance Risk Management. This position oversees a team responsible for compliance oversight of consumer marketing, product management and origination related activities. They will provide support to various lines of business by researching, interpreting and assisting with applying the applicable laws to the Lines of Business. As subject matter expert, The Consumer Lending Origination Compliance Manager will provide consultative advice to team members and across the lines of business related to compliance. In addition, the position performs oversight activities and assumes responsibility for mitigating and discouraging actions that may expose KeyCorp and its affiliates to risk outside its desired risk appetite.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- For assigned lines of business, serve as the corporate subject matter expert on regulatory compliance requirements.
- Set strategic direction of team.
- Oversee activities performed by staff.
- Develop relationships of trust and confidence with the lines of business.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of line of business compliance processes and controls.
- Proactively identify process improvements or control gaps and facilitate necessary associated changes.
- Keep abreast of new laws and regulations.
- Assist with regulatory compliance exams.
- Assist with corporate policy and training development.
- Educate and provide consultative advice on applicable regulations.
- Provide independent review and challenge on various line of business activities.
- Participate in or lead various projects related to mitigating risk to Key.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Juris Doctor or CRCM preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience as a financial services compliance professional, bank regulator or other comparable legal or auditexperience.
- 3+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of RESPA, TILA, FCRA, FDPA, ECOA, UDAAP, SAFE Act.
- Familiarity with consumer marketing and origination processes.
- Familiarity with new product development and product changes.
- Strong relationship management and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and effectively manage staff.
- Sound decision-making skills; able to make decisions independently and quickly.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Sound understanding of compliance risks.
- Strong research skills coupled with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.