Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded one of Inc's Best Workplaces 2019 and 2020 Forbes #8 Startup Company, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer ecommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider.
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
Curology is seeking an experienced consumer insights research manager who brings passion and curiosity to understanding the consumer experience and consumers’ attitudes, motivations, and behaviors.
- Be the voice of the consumer: Build a deep understanding of our consumer/customer base & act as a champion for identifying and advocating for teams to build experiences that are anchored on our consumers’ needs and preferences
- Be an integral part of the Consumer Insights team by helping to develop and execute the consumer insights learning plan
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define the most important research questions, design methodologies, lead research, facilitate synthesis to get to compelling insights, and finally turn the insights into action
- Build a deep and nuanced understanding of our current and potential future customers to identify opportunities and risks for marketing strategy and product innovation and for the overall business
- Conduct comprehensive qualitative and quantitative consumer research around brand positioning, product development and usage, advertising development, pricing research, claims research, consumer segmentation, brand perceptions, lifestyle trends, competitive analysis, and larger industry trends
- Be part of the most impactful decisions for Curology - Break through the noise of data and translate research into actionable insights and develop strategic recommendations
- BA or BS degree
- 6+ years experience in consumer insights or market research (Client-side experience is a plus)
- Experience designing and conducting research across both qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g. consumer segmentation, brand tracking, pricing, packaging, advertising, concept product testing, focus groups, ethnographies, decision journey, market sizing, NPS/customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Familiarity with quantitative statistics techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering, maxdiff, conjoint, van westendorp, etc.)
- Experience using market research tools (e.g. Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, AYTM)
- Demonstrates strong thought leadership, decision making, and influencing skills
- Able to form insightful observations from various primary and secondary data and communicate clear, actionable business implications
- Excellent communication skills, and can both gather needs and convey findings effectively to various business functions
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment
- Willingness to do whatever is needed: we are a lean team
- Experience at a high-growth startup and/or in the Skincare industry a plus
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB