We are seeking qualified candidates for a Counsel position with our Consumer Finance Practice Group. The position will be based in our Boston, Hartford or Providence office. Ideal candidates have at least 3 years of prior associate-level or counsel experience in consumer finance litigation.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong writing and oral communication skills, and an ability to learn new substantive legal topics as needed are required;
- Knowledge of federal and state court practice, experience preparing answers, motions and other routine filings,
- Significant case management experience.
Candidates for Counsel positions must be able to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys.
Counsel are routinely required to:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis in pleadings, memoranda, and other written documents;
- Draft pleadings and other case documents;
- Attend hearings throughout Connecticut;
- Manage matters from commencement to final resolution;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys;
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associates and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Familiarity with and ability to prepare basic litigation documents;
- Familiarity with federal and state court procedural rules and practices;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Strong negotiating skills.
Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in Connecticut, Massachusetts or Rhode Island; admission in surrounding states is a plus.