This position will either have or develop technical mastery in Module 3. Module 3 is defined as the tread pattern, mold profile, and initial tread compound recommendation. The candidate will independently manage multiple programs, co-ordinate the work of other engineers, and provide technical mentorship to lesser experienced engineers. This position will also be expected to contribute 3D modeling, FEA analysis, optimize tread pattern designs, and develop mold cavities. This position includes major product development support for the Consumer and Commercial divisions for North and South American markets.
- Lead a team of 3 other engineers.
- Design and release revised tread patterns and mold profiles.
- Effectively and efficiently manage production and experimental drawing scheduling.
- Facilitate program target setting for mold cavity and tread pattern design.
- Improve communication and collaboration between interfaces of Module 3 team
- Develop and then train on best practice that emphasize cause and effect relationships for mold cavity and tread pattern changes
- Lead the documentation of lessons learned through the electronic mold design guide
- Develop mastery in design and analysis tools like Creo, Abaqus, TPA, PNOT, Tread Metrics, etc.
Required: Bachelor of Science in Engineering + 8 years of experience
Preferred: 3D Modeling proficiency, pattern tool usage, and/or tire design experience.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, in fact, "One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates."
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.