Consumer Credit Review Senior Director
The Consumer Credit Review Senior Director is responsible for executing an independent, risk-based assurance review of assigned platforms within Capital One’s Consumer credit portfolio, including assessment of credit risk, lending practices, effectiveness of policy implementation and risk rating accuracy. The portfolios include Credit Card (domestic branded, partnership and international) and Auto Loans with the focus primarily on US Card. The Senior Director will contribute towards the execution of the annual Credit Review operating plan and provide training, coaching and coordination of cross-functional teams within Credit Review in the process. This associate will also be responsible for building and maintaining working relationships with senior leaders in the line of business management chain and key leaders within the 2nd line of defense Risk Management team.
Execute the Credit Review function by:
-Developing, managing and executing a risk-based review plan covering consumer line(s) of businesses at the both portfolio and transactional level testing
-Assessing the accuracy of overall portfolio asset quality
-Identifying credit process weaknesses
-Identifying emerging credit risk trends and issues
-Identifying gaps in credit policy
-Aggregation and tracking of identified issues to resolution
-Provide credible challenge on all aspects of credit risk management
-Communication of Credit Review assurance results with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating strong clear thinking and succinct delivery of message
-Report results and issues verbally and in writing to executive management and internal credit and risk senior executives.
-Work with regulators and external auditors to provide assurance that Credit Review processes are sound.
-Build and maintain high trust relationships with senior credit risk management, senior lending associates, and regulators
-Act as an approachable advisor to business heads and key lenders by developing continuous and effective communication channels for all stakeholders.
-Ability to provide business leadership and partnering skills to help drive the organization towards critical decisions and deliverable results.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 10 years of experience in consumer credit risk management, at least 10 years of experience in a Credit Review assurance role, or a combination
- Master’s degree
- CFA, CPA
- Formal Credit Training from a large national or regional bank or equivalent training in a regulatory office (e.g. OCC, Federal Reserve)
- 15+ years of experience in consumer credit risk management or 15+ years of experience in consumer credit analysis or 15+ years of a Credit Review assurance role
- 5 years of experience influencing senior level executives or 5 years of experience influencing regulators