We are an intellectually diverse team of economists, statisticians, and other analytics professionals, focused on statistical modeling within the Treasury group of Consumer and Community Banking, the retailbanking arm of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
The team answers complex and unique questions, utilizing cutting edge analytical techniques and leveraging one of the world’s largest repositories of consumer data. We work closely with our partners throughout JPMorgan Chase to assess and execute critical business decisions.
The individual hired for this position will build models to answer questions and create forecasts for groups across the Finance organization at JPMorgan Chase.
Typical duties for this position include:
- Building econometric models for deposits, revenue, or other business drivers
- Modeling regulatory requirements, including stress testing (CCAR/DFAST)
- Performing analysis to answer immediate business questions
- Identifying data anomalies
- Communicating results across audiences throughout JPMorgan Chase
Sample projects include:
- Building budget and regulatory models to predict deposit account closure rates
- Forecasting the performance of branches or bankers to optimize the branch network and staffing
- Creating price elasticity models to optimize deposit and loan pricing
This position is in Columbus, OH, a strategiclocation for JPMorgan Chase’s corporate growth strategy. Capital of Ohio and home to The Ohio State University, Columbus is known for its economicdiversityand stability, highly educated population, and low cost of living.
As technical background, you should have a PhD in a quantitative field of study, such as statistics or economics, with 5+ years of analytics or modeling experience and a sound foundation in one or more of the following analytical disciplines:
- Linear and non-linear statistical modeling
- Time series and forecasting
- Panel (longitudinal) data analysis
- Bayesian methods
- Non-parametric methods
- Data manipulation and management
- Statistical programming in R, Python, or equivalent
In addition, the following non-technical qualifications are required:
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical ideas to non-technical people and present to senior leaders in Finance
- The ability to help identify and hire modelers with strong technical and communication skills
- The insight to help modelers develop their technical and non-technical skills
- A strong track record of career progression
- The desire to become future leader/manager.
Req #: 170121671