The Walmart Consumer and Market Insights team is looking for an experienced, strategic and passionate professional who can connect the dots to reveal new insights and elevate Unilever and Walmart growth. This is an exciting opportunity to drive engagement and growth with this priority customer across Unilever flagship brands. In this role you will to represent the voice of the shopper, integrate Unilever shopper and category knowledge with custom research to provoke transformational business action and drive sustainable marketplace impact.
As an Insights Manager, you will be the expert on Walmart shoppers and provide best-in-class, insights grounded understanding of omnichannel shopper behavior and decisions.
- Insights leadership: Provide fact-based, strategic, shopper-centric points of view to inspire deeper shopper understanding. Communicate the voice of the shopper including attitudes, behaviors, motivations, pleasure and pain points. Must be able to connect the dots to build integrated, inspiring and insightful category growth stories to inform business decisions. Offer foresight rather than just insight, helping to shape the future through strategic thought leadership.
- Research acumen: Demonstrate research expertise by developing effective, efficient learning plans and selecting fit for purpose methodologies. Interpret and synthesize information across data/analytics platforms, primary and secondary research, trends, social media data, e-commerce and existing learning.
- Data proficiency: Be comfortable with sales, panel, and social media data to understand what questions to ask and be inquisitive to identify business issues and help solve problems and inform solutions.
- Strategic consultant: Develop strong partnerships with stakeholders to collaboratively diagnose business challenges and issues, translating them into well-defined questions that can be answered through research and analytics. Identify foundational and customer-specific knowledge gaps and create and lead a research agenda that serves mutual priorities.
- Strong proficiency in fundamental quantitative and qualitative primary research methodologies and analytic approaches; ability to match appropriate methodologies to business needs and insights questions. Experience and expertise in core market research principles – sample design, data collection and analysis techniques, appropriate action standards. Must be able to extract and interpret data and research output, discriminating meaningful differences and learning.
- Superior skills in project management, end-to-end management of the research process and supplier.
- Understanding of social listening tools, syndicated data, quantitative and qualitative research strongly preferred.
- Ability to mine cultural, socioeconomic, and category trends for strategic opportunity areas and recommend appropriate business strategy and action.
- Proficient understanding of the digital and specifically e-commerce business landscape.
- Interpersonal, listening, and influencing skills. Ability to collaborate with, and communicate to, a range of management levels.
- Strong, persuasive verbal and written storytelling skills and experience with weaving insights from multiple data sources into a compelling narrative delivered in executive level presentations.
- Demonstrate flexibility and agility, ability to respond to change, accept ambiguity and adapt to new situations quickly.
- Proactively partner with peers and cross-functional teams locally and remotely to maximize learning and impact.
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results.
- Minimum 7+ years total experience; primary research experience in CPG, retail, or Customer Development space.
- Passion for high performance and results orientation.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred.