At Johnston & Murphy and Trask, the consumer is at the center of everything we do. Our goal is to create a world class experience in every interaction with our consumers. We leverage our robust consumer database to understand how we are doing delivering on an exceptional experience. This role will be the master of the data and communicating how we are doing.
Who you are…..
- You love data – You love rolling up your sleeves and digging in to gather your data points.
- You are curious – One answer leads to another question that leads to another question.
- You love to tell stories using data – You know that data alone can’t tell the story. You connect the data to the context of the business and provide the team with actionable recommendations.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems independently. Ability to access projects importance to the business and prioritize projects accordingly.
What you will do…..
- Develop quantitative analysis, dashboards, and ad hoc reporting to demonstrate performance of key business initiatives and recommend opportunities.
- Synthesize complex analytics into compelling top level findings for presentations to executives.
- Work with third party data engineers and solution architects to source new data, resolve system issues that impede data extraction, and design structures which will best support analytical efforts.
- Manage internal data reporting coordinator, external catalog circulation analyst as well as our marketing database partners.
- Partner with internal teams such as web operations, marketing, merchandising and IT.
- 5+ years of professional experience with 3 years in marketing or consumer analytics, with proven success in designing analytical approaches to understand key business behaviors that drive acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Proficiency in Tableau – on the job experience creating dynamic Tableau dashboards
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities and/or projects. Proven ability to adapt and react quickly to changing business needs.