- Organizes and facilitates the local Consumer Advisory Committee which meets on a regular basis, takes into account diverse enrollee needs and brings feedback to senior leadership through the governance structure; assists with implementation of feedback as necessary
- Participates in (may organize and facilitate as well) internal and external focus groups that will inform the consumer advisory committee
- Assesses, anticipates, and interprets enrollee needs and requirements; identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems and oversees process improvement activities as a response to feedback
- Builds relationships with external community/advocacy groups (in the areas of caregiver supports, multi-cultural groups, health advocacy, health education and elder abuse) and represents United Healthcare Community; will present externally
- Oversee (in collaboration with clinical staff) a program to support informal caregivers that are supporting SCO membership. This will include supporting tools, developing a referral and tracking process, offering assistance to navigate through the healthcare/social systems and training
- Increase awareness of caregiver support tools internally and with external parties
- Collaborate with care managers of a given member to ensure coordination and appropriate outcomes
- In partnership with the Quality team, conducts health education activities as needed.
- Lead/assist in bringing complex member issues to resolution
- Participate in activities to drive member satisfaction and the Plan’s Net Promoter Score strategy.
- Aggregate and analyze member satisfaction data from regulatory surveys, member feedback and Planreports to develop improvement projects
- Leads the Service Quality Improvement Committee focused on member and provider satisfaction and assists with CAHPS analysis and improvement plan implementation.
- Manage and direct a staff of consumer and caregiver advocates
- Navigates within UnitedHealth Group to collaborate and discover best practices involving other advocacy programs
- Develop strategies for the department to engage with the member communities via forums such as town hall meetings, office hours and more.
- Charged with implementation of ad hoc projects as needed
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting. To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- Understanding of informal caregiver supports and challenges
- 5+ years experience resolving complex customer issues with a commitment to advocacy work
- Experience working with the geriatric population as well as the government and community advocacies that represent those needs
- Proven track record in building and maintaining community based relationships
- Presentation skills and ability to speak in front of an audience of diverse groups (leadership, external entities, members and providers)as well as facilitate a meeting
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel within Massachusetts
- Reliable transportation to travel within the state
- Social work, public health, or nursing advanced degree
- Experience working in Managed Care (specifically quality or operations)
- Experience working in community health care
- Experience with MA Medicaid/Medicare programs