Job Function Summary:
Sell consumable products and services, T-Doc, and Getinge Online, by collaborating with sales specialists and account managers to establish strategies for interacting with priority accounts, developing opportunistic accounts and promoting the portfolio of infection control solutions, equipment tracking, and Getinge Online Solutions. Apply knowledge of the organization’s services, products and marketing techniques in pursuit of responsible profit margin and market share growth.
- Sell consumable products, grow existing client book of business by lead generation and selling additional T-Doc Modules, train and grow product knowledge of Getinge Online Solutions. Identify and penetrate all priority accounts within the assigned geographic area. Following the sale, demonstrate proper product use to customer and Service Representative. Educate Service Representative on account products in use to equip him/her with proper tools to maintain account. Meet or exceed the assigned territory’s sales quota and margin objectives for all assigned products while maintaining expenses within expense limitations.
- Educate Field Sales and Service personnel for comprehensive and optimum account coverage and all product opportunities. Provide technical education to Getinge Signature Service personnel for the evaluation and use of consumable products including: calibration of detergent management systems, evaluation and troubleshooting of chemical cleaning and sterility assurance issues.
- Work cooperatively with applicable Dealers, Distributors, Service and Sales personnel to coordinate sales activities for all Getinge products within a designated geographic area.
- Develop a working relationship with all Getinge personnel within the territory.
- Develop, implement, and manage strategies for product evaluations and bidding opportunities in collaboration with the account manager and sales specialists.
- Prepare and submit territory forecasts and call planning travel agendas detailing customer visits and progress. Participate in required conference calls as scheduled by National Sales Director.
- Establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with customers, conducting his or herself in a professional and responsible manner at all times in accordance with Getinge’s Code of Conduct and Getinge Values. Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely manner. Comply with all company SOPs, policies and procedures.
- Maintain personal competence for meeting job responsibilities through effective use of product information and technical data provided by the company and others. Participate in training seminars, meetings and on-the-job training programs. Demonstrate an understanding and an ability to apply concepts and knowledge obtained from these training and skill development sources.
- Conduct customer seminars, in-services and local training sessions on behalf of Getinge to enhance company’s image and value added product array. Establish local related association membership and participation as agreed upon by Regional Sales Director.
- Enhance company’s image by participating in regional and national trade shows.
- Support Corporate Sales efforts to obtain and implement National Account contracts and IDN agreements in conjunction with Corporate Sales team.
- Obtain membership and participate in local industry related associations as defined by the Regional Sales Director and agreed upon jointly as groups deemed important to area relationship building.
- Provide market competitive intelligence and assist with Market Surveys.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience in the application of technical principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent understanding of business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships
- Establishes and cultivates an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of technical assignments
- Ability to lead a cross functional project team
- Provide input to management on technical and business solutions
- Exercises sound business judgment when selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem resolution
- Able to evaluate and interpret extensive data to help formulate decisions and / or recommendations
- Excellent MS skills such as Excel, Work, Outlook, and MS Project or other document management systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to generate reports
- Proven ability to achieve sales quota
- Understands and complies with local construction and installation codes applicable to the region of responsibility.
- Familiar with process and timelines for local construction inspections, including but not limited to OSHPOD
- Must travel as required to customer. Must be able to operate an automobile (valid driver’s licensed required). Travel, by both vehicle and airplane (up to 60%) will be required depending on the location of projects.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in sales with demonstrated successful performance record in selling to end users.