$250K — $500K+*
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Positioning Navigation and Timing (PNT) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Consulting Systems Engineer - Guidance Navigation & Control based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You’ll get to Do:
• Conceptual development for Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) systems and architecture.
• Design and implementation of tracking / filtering algorithms.
• Specification and oversight of hardware / firmware / software implementations.
• System test and verification.
• Design and oversight of prototype demonstrations.
• Presentation to internal and external groups.
• Support proposal activities.
• Technical leadership of multi-discipline teams.
• B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 20 years of relevant experience; M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 18 years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated track record of innovation and accomplishment in Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT).
• Demonstrated experience in GNSS receiver design and implementation.
• Knowledge of principles of navigation, including inertial navigation, aided navigation, and Kalman filtering.
• The ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to effectively interact with high level Customers, along with
demonstrated experience in preparing concept papers, briefings, trade studies, proposals, and similar documents.
• Experience in leadership skills to plan, estimate, organize, integrate and lead systems engineering activities across multiple engineering disciplines, along with the ability to effectively motivate people to work as an integrated team across locations, companies and cultures.
• Experience with employment of CONOPS for the development of system architectures and requirements that are optimized to meet the customer’s operational needs at lowest cost.
• Experience with related timekeeping systems (e.g. oscillators, atomic frequency standards, frequency metrology) or RF
systems (e.g. comms, electronic warfare).
• Experience working Government-funded R&D programs.
• Proficiency with C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink, VHDL.
• Security clearance with current background investigation.
Valid through: 9/23/2020