The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Resilient Open PNT Systems (ROPS) program is a new effort to respond to customer interest in a more open-standards approach to an Embedded GPS Inertial system located in Woodland Hills, CA. As it will be a high-priority, compressed-timeline, development effort, there is a need for a strong technical leader. In addition, the complexity of understanding and adapting current EGI-M program status and efforts, while protecting company IP, will pose additional challenges. This program will require development of advanced technologies, independent decision-making, and coordination with long-range strategic objectives.
What You'll get to Do:
• Lead the Woodland Hills Systems Engineering team for the ROPS program.
• Conceptual development for RF PNT systems and architecture.
• Design and implementation of tracking / filtering algorithms.
• Specification and oversight of hardware / firmware / software implementations.
• System test and verification.
• Design and oversight of prototype demonstrations.
• Presentation to internal and external groups.
• Support proposal activities.
• Represent Northrop Grumman at technical conferences and working groups.
• B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 20 years of relevant experience; M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 18 years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated track record of innovation and accomplishment in PNT with deep knowledge of RF systems as applied to PNT.
• Demonstrated experience in GNSS receiver design and implementation.
• Knowledge of principles of navigation, including inertial navigation, aided navigation, and Kalman filtering.
• The ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing to effectively interact with high level Customers, along with demonstrated experience in preparing concept papers, briefings, trade studies, proposals, and similar documents.
• Experience in leadership skills to plan, estimate, organize, integrate and lead systems engineering activities across multiple engineering disciplines, along with the ability to effectively motivate people to work as an integrated team across locations, companies and cultures.
• Experience with employment of CONOPS for the development of system architectures and requirements that are optimized to meet the customer's operational needs at lowest cost.
• Experience with related timekeeping systems (e.g. oscillators, atomic frequency standards, frequency metrology) or RF systems (e.g. comms, electronic warfare).
• Experience working Government-funded R&D programs.
• Proficiency with C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink, VHDL.
• Security clearance with current background investigation.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16