Consulting Systems Engineer - Intel Presales WWTAS
Consulting Systems Engineer – Intel Presales
WWT Advanced Solutions (WWTAS), a subsidiary of World Wide Technology, Inc. (WWT), is primarily focused on providing comprehensive IT systems design, engineering, integration, deployment, sustainment, operations and maintenance services to the federal intelligence community.
Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HPE, Dell EMC, NetApp, VMware and F5, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. WWT employs more than 4,000 people and operates in more than 2 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the 6th consecutive year and was awarded #5 on Glassdoor’s 2017 Employees' Choice Awards, honoring the Best Places to Work.
Check us out www.glassdoor.com
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity available for a Consulting Systems Engineer to support our Intel team. This position will be responsible for JSCO datacenter critical infrastructure.
- Responsible for JSOC datacenter critical infrastructure in six medium to large datacenters and twelve Communication Centers.
- Conducts semi-annual Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities on data center Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS), Power Distribution Units (PDUs) and In-Row chiller units.
- Responds to outages of data center infrastructure equipment, diagnosing, repairing or replacing units.
- Coordinates ordering of replacement parts
- Maintains a critical spare parts kit, allowing for quick fixes of critical equipment.
- Sits as a consultant on review board for Configuration Management. Recommends options for new and replacement servers, allowing for efficient utilization of data center power and a/c capabilities.
- Coordinates PM and repair of 75th Ranger units throughout the US.
- Must have active TS/SCI FSP (Full Scope Poly)
- Minimum 5 years of technical enterprise presalesexperience with a focus on solution sales
- Ability to review & understand customer requirements, identify new opportunities, and use consultative solution selling skillsets to creatively position end to end solutions
- Develop, present, validate, & drive technical details around team vision & landscape
- Collaborate with engineering resources, enhance customer satisfaction & WWT value-add
- Strong Cisco Route/Switch expertise, experience with Enterprise architectures, iWAN
- Solid understanding of modern Data Center solutions to include: storage, power, server, & virtualization - Cisco, Hitachi, Citrix, HP, Dell EMC, NetApp, APC, VMware, etc
- Self-driven, results focused, team player, business minded, and goal orientated
- Ability to travel up to 25-50%