Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Lead a team of Consulting Sales Engineers (CSE) helping to ensure sales and customer success;
- Engage directly with Pre-Sales and Sales Leadership to strategize on their opportunities and engage on pre-sales activities for Splunk’s solutions in Security & IT/DevOps;
- Conduct pipeline recruiting efforts to find and hire top field engineering talent within your region. Mentor/coach new hires during on-boarding and subsequent phases to ensure proper ramping of CE skills and capabilities.
- Ensure that your team is enabled to support required Splunk products and solutions along with required sales/soft skills;
- Work closely with field leadership to jointly develop strategic and technical account plans;
- Interact with customers and prospects to understand their business challenges
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure alignment between pre and post sales activities;
- Support Splunk Professional Services by identifying and scoping new opportunities and following major engagements to ensure customer success;
- Provide CSE’s with continual development feedback and co-developing development plans for each individual;
- Manage performance and key talent closely ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels;
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development;
- Work directly with our Director, Field Technical Interlock and cross functionally with customer success, support, professional services, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations.
- Deliver presentations and technical briefings to customers on Splunk premium products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical Splunk evaluations and POC’s
Requirements: I’ve already done or have that!
- At least 8+ year’s experience in technically selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- At least 2+ year’s related SE/SA Management experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral. Ability to communicate complex ideas; Very articulate.
- Experience and familiarity with the Splunk portfolio is preferred.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management, and/or Security/Compliance is desirable.
- Experience with networking, server, application, virtualization, big data, and web technologies.
- Some Unix or Linux based scripting language (Perl, Python, sh) is desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance.
- Able to travel up to 50%
- You live in Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Seattle or SF
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or substantial relevant on the job experience