As a Consulting Systems Engineer, you will work for the global leader in integrated Web, Data and Email security solutions. You will use your dynamic and broad network and security capabilities as part of an elite field engineering team responsible for pioneering the success of our network appliance and cloud-based security solutions. This role offers high visibility to senior management, connectivity across corporate teams as well as the opportunity to shape the business and the direction of our future products.
As a Consulting Systems Engineer you will use your customer relations skills, coupled with your advanced knowledge of enterprise networking and networksecurity solutions to design advanced web, email and data securityarchitectures with the latest in cutting-edge technologies. This is a consultative sale’s (pre-sales) position where you will be directly involved in high impact deals across a range of industries including financial services, retail, transportation, health care, education and more. You will use your industry recognized advanced technology skills and experience to work closely with existing and prospective customers and our engineering teams on product design, deployment, and development of future product capabilities.
The Consulting Systems Engineer will have regional responsibility for architecting solution designs to solve the content and networksecurity needs of some of the most influential companies in your region. The Consulting Systems Engineer supports the account team to drive the proposed solution, and remains engaged with the customer as "a thought leader" to cultivate future opportunities to expand the solution platform with Web, Data, or Email security.
This role requires strong customer engagement and the ability to drive scope of work determination, product design and distributed architecture designs, and sophisticated RFP/RFI responses. You will be working closely with the sales account team (and any channel teams that may be involved) throughout this process and will be expected to shape the positive outcome of customer engagements, including proof of concept (POC) activities.
- Work to understand the customer environment, specifically their network and security needs.
- Deliver product, technology and/ or solution presentations to technical and business decision makers-- Propose and recommend design technologies for customer.
- Architect, design, build, and deploy secure enterprise solutions for customers.
- Work together with Engineering, Sales, Project Management to help define the product roadmap and milestones for each project, including the delivery of appropriate information to the field teams.
- Conduct on-going consultative selling to both medium and large customer base.
- Work directly with strategic partners and the Channel SE team to get designs implemented.
- Mentor otherSales Engineers, including the review of designs and proposals for advanced Web, Email and Data security deployments.
- Travel extensively throughout the region, 50% minimum.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 8years related experience in designing, building and supporting advanced networking and networksecurity solutions in a customer facing role.
- Strong networking skills that would include hands-on experience with Cisco, Juniper, F5 along with the appropriate certifications (e.g. CCNA/CCNP, JNCIS-ENT/JNCIP-ENT etc.).
- Strong networksecurity skills that would include hands-on experience with Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, Bluecoat along with other appropriate certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCSE, GCFW, JNCIS-SEC/JNCIP-ENT, GCIH etc).
- Strong customer relation/engagement skills
- Preferred Skills and Background
- 5 years of enterprise Pre-Salesexperience working directly with networksecurity products.
- Advanced level technology Certifications (e.g. CCIE, CCSP, JNCIE etc).