As an Actuarial Consultant you will work with a team of industry professionals on regulatory consulting and other insurance related engagements. This position has opportunity for advancement as well as personal and professional growth.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
(Responsibilities may vary slightly depending on seniority level)
Serve as part of the actuarial subject matter expert team on client engagements including; prepare original actuarial analysis, review and assessthe analysis of other actuaries, coordinate internal resources, advise project team on potential solutions and strategies to meet project goals and client needs, document observations and conclusions, communicate effectively with clients and project teams, adhere to project budget and timelines.
Business development; assist actuarial team in developing new business opportunities through team selling efforts as well as by supporting team sales initiatives, cultivate and nurture client relationships to create awareness of Firm capabilities to help generate incremental business, assist in formulating proposals demonstrating our value proposition and our solutions.
Depending on level, serve as career advisor, project manager, and mentor to staff.
Contribute to the intellectual capital of the practice and Firm.
Assist in recruiting efforts by helping attract and retain additional qualified Actuarial professionals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or Statistics; MBA and/or professional certification/s preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years professional experience in a Property and Casualty insurance company, financial services or consulting firm
- ASA, FSA, MAAA, FCAS, FSPA/MSPA designations (or pursuit of) preferred
- Candidates with strong skills in areas such as VBA, SQL and related programs are strongly preferred
- Experience in predictive modeling using R is a plus
- Knowledge of actuarial concepts: financial modeling and analysis, risk management, product development and pricing, Asset Liability Management (ALM), actuarial software implementation, reinsurance
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- An understanding of insurance rates and regulatory requirements for supporting reserve levels
- PC skills, including experience in using software for producing presentations, spreadsheets, and project planning (skills in TeamMate, ACL/Access, Visual Basic, MS Excel and other applications)
- Ability to interact with all levels including executives and senior managers
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, analytical and statistical sampling skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required
- Dynamic/flexible demeanor with exceptional client service skills
- Forward-thinking leader with a collaborative focus who can consult effectively with key constituents and become recognized as a valued resource
- Must be self-motivated and possess a sense of urgency
- Skilled in team building and team development
- Ability to travel
- Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional standards as outlined by the Firm