$150K — $200K *
For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
The IT Project Manager is responsible for high level oversight and management of large, multi-faceted Agile projects and/or multiple projects simultaneously. The incumbent will work with leadership on the development, execution, and tracking of Agile project plans. This consultant provides Business Analysis, requirements definition, and software testing support to the user base.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems and Decision Sciences, or a related field is required.
• 4+ years of relevant experience may substitute education requirement.
• 5 to 7 years of direct experience in Agile project management or consulting.
• Experience with agile application delivery processes, system development life cycle, business assessments, and programs such as JIRA, Confluence, Asana, Zephyr, TestRail, Trello, Basecamp, TFS is preferred.
• 3+ years in a management or supervisor role.
• Proficiency of Scrum or other Agile methodologies.
• Must have an in-depth understanding of Agile, its values and principles, including backlog grooming, release and sprint planning, burn-up/down charts, and more.
• Must be experienced in Qualify Assurance and Quality Control processes.
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames.
• Ability to work in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Must be able to lead, build, and manage effective teams for small, medium, and large scale projects.
• Leads, directs and manages projects and multi-disciplinary tasks within scope of program or project to support Agile teams.
• Performs assessments of business needs and assists developers to translate these needs into project requirements
• Tracks and confirms business system development and implementation efforts.
• Creates and distributes regular reports on project progress, blockers, milestones, and resource needs.
• Helps identify and clear roadblocks for Agile teams.
• Communicates effectively and consistently with all project stakeholders.
• Serves as one of the firm’s prime contacts with the client.
• Serves as a liaison between technical and non-technical departments.
• Identifies resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities within a project.
• Works with other leadership to define project scope and deliver a detailed plan for a successful outcome based on project objectives.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
• Attends process improvement meetings to; identify people, process and technology improvements to be made improve team and project performance.
• Promotes transparency at all times regarding project status, issues and risks to stakeholders.
• Builds and maintains trusted relationships with diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Participates in the development and implementation of structured testing concepts, methodologies, and manual testing support tools.
• Ensures compliance with applicable policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and keeps current on compliance-related areas.
• Prepares deliverables/reports for review by the Associate Director that include any noted issues, trends and other micro/macro level risks identified through the execution of projects activities.
• Performs and oversees functionality testing of new applications and existing software enhancements to ensure they meet business requirements through performing end to end business scenario tests.
• Performs and oversees regression testing of new applications and existing software enhancements to identify any possible impacts caused by changes.
• Records and discusses test results with key individuals involved and determine necessary next steps to ensure desired results.
• Tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect impact and open defect counts.
• Maintains and manages the manual scripts and test results.
• Verifies and traces evidence of reproduction of any reported faults in existing software.
• Re-tests and oversees all fixes required for reported faults, including tests for possible impacts from changes.
• Ongoing mentoring of team, performing assessment and completion of performance appraisals, promotion recommendations, and professional development.
• Estimates effort and resources required for responsibilities and ensures all are prioritized effectively and delivered on time.
• Ensures internal customers are kept informed of development issues.
• Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
• Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance (e.g., procedure optimization).
• Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
• Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
• Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity/Paternity Program, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun In-Office Activities
• Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and long-term Disability Insurance, Medical FSA, Dependent Care and Adoption Assistance, Competitive Salaries, Employee referral bonuses
• Health & Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, Gym Discounts, Health Savings Account, In-hospital Benefit
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
Valid through: 6/24/2021