HoganTaylor is currently seeking a full time Consulting Manager. This position provides accounting related services to a variety of clients on a project basis. HoganTaylor is proud to offer flexible working arrangements including working from home, adjusted work schedules or other considerations for highly qualified candidates.
The roles and responsibilities of this position are highlighted below:
The Consulting Manager will be the primary point of contact for assisting clients with a variety of financial and non-financial matters normally expected of an accounting controller.
These matters might include: preparation of reporting to satisfy credit agreements, forecasting future financial results, monthly financial statement closing, preparing for external financialaudits, evaluation of employee benefits, researching the accounting treatment of particular financial transactions, and implementation of new financial systems or new modules in existing financial systems.
The Consulting Manager will work with a Consulting Executive on higher level projects and will have staff resources available for transactional work. Specific expected job duties include:
- Serve as day-to-day contact for selected clients and assist in managing overall client relationship.
- Prepare financial statements, budgets, forecasts and otherreports for internal and external use.
- Prepare presentations for client proposals, bank and investor presentations, etc.
- Develop the ability to identify, analyze and articulate problems and opportunities, and propose solutions as a client advocate.
- Effectively communicate results, both internally and externally, on project and client information.
- Understand client objectives and maximize the value of the service we provide with respect to attaining those objectives.
- Maintain the economics of job performance by reviewing and working within Firm operational budgets and billing constraints.
- Use time management skills to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Participate in professional and business organizations in order to advance the profession.
- Develop personal marketing plans and personal client list.
- Assist in business development efforts, meeting pre-established business development goals.
- Expected level of chargeable time is 1,600 billable hours, within the context of 2,300-hour year
- Compliance to the Firm’s quality control standards
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college required
- At least seven (7) years of experience in a finance or accounting related position, either in public accounting, banking or industry. Prefer prior public accounting experience.
- CPA very strongly preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and other software applications
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MAS90, QuickBooks and ability to adapt to other accounting software
- Strong technical, research, organizational and analytical skills required
- Experience with paperless accounting software preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines required
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly be required to sit, stand, reach, walk, drive, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.