Consulting Manager Cerner Patient Accounting
The Firm's Healthcare Advisory Services Consulting practice is searching for a Revenue Cycle process improvement Consulting Manager to join our team. We are an integrated health care consulting team that provides regulatory, strategy, and operations focused services to healthcare organizations throughout the country.
As a leader in the National Healthcare consulting practice, you will join professionals with a broad knowledge of the healthcare industry including: financial analysis and revenue performance management, regulatory reporting and compliance, and healthcare IT. You will be part of a collaborative consulting team to deliver exceptional client service to meet our client's objectives.
The Revenue Cycle Consulting Manager will also understand the consulting cycle process within the healthcare industry. More specifically, qualified candidates must have direct implementation experience with Cerner patient accounting.
- Maintain and develop a high degree of expertise in revenue cycle operations, technical processes, and reports
- Analyze and communicate financial and operational data to clients for decision-making and strategic planning
- Manage and execute project work plans, including qualitative and quantitative tasks and analytics, to provide high quality client service delivery
- Manage and direct support staff on projects to prioritize work tasks, ensure project milestones and deadlines are met, and ensure work products meet quality standards
- Assist Directors in scoping and planning multiple projects
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing clients
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field
- 5+ years of Healthcare consultingexperience for Hospitals and large Physician groups
- Prior experience implementing Cerner patient accounting is required
- Expertise in Patient financial services / Patient Accounting portion of the Revenue Cycle (including, but not limited to: Cash acceleration, CleanClaims, Insurance follow-up, Payment posting, Self Pay and Bad Debts Policy, Denial Management, Detailed mapping of adjustment codes, Revenue leakage)
- Experience in Denial Management Reporting (Ensure accurate capture of and reporting on denials to allow the organization to understand where and why claims are being denied and focus on how to reduce denied claims over time)
- Proven track record in improving process and financial performance in revenue cycle operations
- Proven experience in managing client service teams and client relationships
- Experience in using QlikView software (or similar platform) is a plus
- Working knowledge with query, extract, transformation and load (ETL) from common database platforms (SQL) and experience with ETL tools such as Talend or CSIS is desired
- Ability and willingness to travel nationwide 75%