Consulting - Investment Specialist - Regulatory Consulting
11 - 15 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
The Investment Services Specialist will be responsible for investment portfolio evaluation of large financial services entities, identifying specific investment risk related issues, and recommending solutions to address findings. This position has opportunity for advancement as well as personal and professional growth.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and provide analysis for companies’ investment strategies, products, portfolios, investment plans, and agreements
- Review of entity’s investment policies, guidelines, procedures and controls regarding investment accounts, performance of procedures to verify or establish existence, ownership, and valuation of investment accounts. Ability to compare and contrast findings with industry competitors
- Review and assess statutory investment filings, investment laws, and financial accounting treatment for various asset types.
- Review valuation and assess impairment of investments including: structured products, mortgages, derivatives, and various other fixed income and alternative investments.
- Review company’s investment risk management and governance process
- Review and assess company’s derivative investment portfolio and hedging program
- Execute testing of compliance with state laws, rules and regulations.
- Review and evaluate investment related agreements, including custodial account agreements.
- Execute project plan independently or with a team.
- Review Internal and External Audit plans for reasonableness and adequacy of investment audits.
- Participate in client status meetings, prepare and review deliverables, and assist in identifying issues which will be communicated to the client.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 10 years total professional experience
- MBA and/or professional certification/s preferred; including Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst designation (CAIA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Insurance or Financial Services Industry, preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Insurance Company Capital Standards
- Knowledge of Investment activities utilized by Insurers. (Sec Lending, hedging, ALM, funding agreements, investment contracts. etc)
- PC skills, including experience in using software for producing presentations, spreadsheets, and project planning
- Demonstrated history of project management experience
- Ability to interact with all levels including executives and senior managers
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, analytical and statistical sampling skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required
- Dynamic/flexible demeanor with exceptional client service skills
- Forward-thinking leader with a collaborative focus who can consult effectively with key constituents and become recognized as a valued resource
- Must be self-motivated and possess a sense of urgency
- Skilled in team building and team development
- Flexibility to travel
- Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional standards as outlined by the Firm