This position leads an infrastructure team and coordinates projects to meet client needs. Builds a strong team by setting example, encouraging T-shaped skills and provide the necessary training and mentoring to accomplish these goals. Coaches the team to grow the capabilities of other engineers on the team as well as providing administrative support. Ensures that's the standards and procedures are followed during design and implementation of information systems. Responsible for monitoring the systems to ensure the highest level of infrastructure performance. Works with customer to define epics and refine requirements into actionable stories. Conducts employee reviews, staffing and other resource management tasks.
- Sets team goals and prioritizes tasks to align with company and department objectives. Communicates these goals to team members. Measures progress and results of team performance.
- Ensures that all work is getting accomplished by making assignments and monitoring tasks. This includes balancing work between Database Administrators, Leads, and Supervisors, and ensuring proper policies and procedures are followed.
- Manages all aspects of team staffing including hiring, employee retention, employee development and training. Assesses and evaluates individual capabilities using clear and consistent performance standards. Provides feedback and coaching to staff both formally and informally.
- Coordinates, guides and mentors project management efforts performed by staff to ensure all tasks are completed successfully and on time.
- Assists staff in maintaining constant communication with customers, both internal and external, to facilitate analysis and troubleshooting to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Acts as liaison to assigned SBUs and management team to stay abreast of changing departmental needs.
- Provides status reports to Management as appropriate, highlighting risks and issues.
- Assists with budget preparation and management.
- Manages to 24x7x365 staff coverage.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
5+ years of related experience including a minimum of 3+ years of designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure infrastructure systems in IT, experience working with Agile Methods and modern data center and cloud environments.
Experience moving across different departments within IT to gain a broader perspective of the business/industry.
Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures.
2 or more certifications of the following: AWS Sysops Certification, MTA, MSCA, Cisco-CCNA, CCNP, Database Administration (Oracle, SQL Server, Big Data/Hadoop), Avaya (ACA, ACSS, ASIC, ACE), AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification, ITIL v3 Foundations, Kepner-Tregoe Resolve or Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to coach and build skills within the team.
Experience in health care, insurance or related field.