Annapolis, MD 21402
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
Posted 61 days ago
The Northrop Grumman Undersea Systems business unit in Annapolis, MD is seeking dependable individuals willing to work in a collaborative environment and that are interested in expanding their horizons. As a Consulting Systems Architect you will lead a team of engineers and support complex, dynamic maritime programs of strategic importance to our classified business area and National Defense. Experience with Navy customers and underwater/naval systems such as torpedo's, towed vehicles, Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV), Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), SONAR/sensor systems, underwater mechanical structures and cabling, submarine payloads, etc. is desired. Experience in anti-submarine warfare, seabed warfare, and Navy tactics would also align within NGUS. Multiple positions are available within the Systems Engineering department and assignments will be made based on the candidate's qualifications. Successful candidates will perform the following job functions in a team environment:
• Mentor multi-disciplined engineering teams from business capture through system design and then integration and test of highly complex technical systems
• Designs and develops system architectures, and defines key capabilities and performance requirements
• Influence customers and focus on Undersea's strategy
• Program scheduling and Earned Value Management (EVM)
• Perform Risk Management and metric collection and reporting
• Manage customer deliverables
• Manage staffing needs / requests
• Develop content, bring together associate contractor material, and present for reviews (including Systems Requirement Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (TRR), Consent to Ship Review (CSR))
• Responsible for the team performing the following functions: Requirements Development & Management (using DOORS), Interface Development & Management, Concept of Operations (CONOPS) Development & Management, and Integration & Test
All job functions will include close teamwork across functional disciplines and integrated product teams. This program area is expanding which offers the potential for future growth opportunities (engineering program manager, program management, etc.), if desired.
• 20+ Years' of experience with a Bachelors Degree in a STEM related field; 18+ years' with a Masters; or 15+ years with a PhD
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the systems engineering job functions described above.
• Previous design, integration, or testing experience on a complex deliverable system.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work within diverse team.
• Ability to develop/maintain customer & vendor intimacy
• An Active or Current TS/SCI clearance with Poly.
• Advanced degree in a STEM related field.
• Experience with design development for maritime domain and technologies (including: torpedo's, towed vehicles, UUVs, ROVs, SONAR/sensor systems, underwater mechanical structures and cabling, submarine payloads, etc.).
• Experience with Navy operations such as anti-submarine warfare and/or seabed warfare.
• Experience in development and earned value management of cost accounts and schedules as related to Systems Engineering tasks
• Understanding of the application and development of functional and physical architectures, interfaces, and requirements in large systems, using DODAF/SysML/UML and requirements management tools such as DOORS.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16