At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
- Working with our customer’s engineering teams, you’ll lead and contribute to all phases of the Neo4j implementation within their projects.
- Act as the Technical Subject Matter expert for short to long-term consulting engagements where you’ll write code, provide expert advice and guidance, train and educate, and help prepare deployments for production rollout.
- Develop solution architectures that address the technical requirements of our customer’s projects
- Design and build prototype solutions that demonstrate required functionality with Neo4j
- Help prepare solution proposals for our customer’s engineering and management teams that help address the overall project goals.
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Extensive experience with database technologies and data modeling concepts, preferably with one of the leading Big Data Database/Analytics Vendors
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience designing and developing enterprise-class applications
- Hands-on development experience using Java/J2EE, XML, SOAP, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, etc.), Middleware, Design Patterns, JUnit, Eclipse IDE and database technologies
- Experience with complex data analysis, data migrations, and system integration, strong object- oriented programming skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with access management and data security
- Previous experience with complex, customer-facing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Experience with source control software such as Perforce, SVN, Git, etc.
- Ability to engage and interact with engineers in an advisory role
- Comfortable and quick with learning new technologies and development languages as needed
- Passionate about solving technical problems
- Capable of educating and training small groups
- Great listening skills and attention to detail
Nice to Haves:
- Industry vertical experience in Financial Services, Utilities or Retail
- 3+ years Graph DB related experience i.e. Neo4j, OrientDB, TitanDB, or similar
- Familiarity with Couchbase, MongoDB, Marklogic, Teradata
- Experience with Cloud technologies and environments (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Visualization
- Bachelor Degree required
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross-functional organization
- 5+ years working in a consultative capacity in a Professional Services Organization
- Able to travel >50% of the time
- Location: North-East or Central, but preferably New York/Boston/Washington DC/Chicago; Position is remote.