The preferred location is the Jeannette, PA corporate headquarters; depending on candidate proximity, could possibly be located at the Bethlehem, PA facility.
The general function of the job is to provide specialized technical support to all engineeringsales and application groups, field offices, and directly to customers.
The position also acts in a consulting capacity in resolution of external or internal issues on Elliott designed equipment worldwide. Requires a wide range of independent action and is required to be customer facing and carry the responsibility of analysis, risk assessment and decision making.
The position will continuously develop the rules and tools for engagement with the customer and will develop and maintain programs of improvement in all areas of its influence. Collect market data and competitive information in order to identify trends and opportunities in product development.
Travel is estimated at 25% domestic and international.
- Independently plans, schedules, directs and conducts major and complex technical projects in support of the company's business objectives and in resolving major equipment issues.
- Functions as a technical consultant for engineering, sales, marketing, drafting, field service, and repair facilities on major equipment and system problems, repairs, and rebuilds.
- Assumes lead responsibility for establishing and maintaining a sound technical base in his/her area of expertise.
- Represents Elliott in area of expertise with customers, vendors, consultants and other outside organizations.
- Establishes standards and guidelines for application of analysis, test, and evaluation procedures in his/her area of specialty. Creates and administers "rules and tools" for sales, application and engineering groups.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of company's objectives, plans and strategies, to ensure availability of technology needed to support them.
- Provides technical leadership, guidance and training to the engineering staff in his/her area of expertise, field service, users, and consultants.
- Develops training programs for both internal and customer presentation.
- Actively participates in promoting Elliott's image as an industry standard.
- Minimum of a Bachelordegree and 10 years (senior level) of in-depth experience in the technical specialty (hot gas expanders). Must be a recognized authority in the specialty, both within and outside the company.
- Demonstrated skill as an exceptional engineer.
- Must be capable of effectively communicating his/her knowledge to others. Should have demonstrated ability to lead discussions and direct or conduct investigative efforts and programs.
Job ID P01618.