The Consulting EHR Support Analyst Pharmacy serves as the primary clinical IT&S resource for the development, implementation, and support advanced clinical applications or complex MEDITECH tools across the division. Primary responsibilities include:
1) implementation and support of division wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities related to advanced clinical applications and tools in their specialty area(s),
2) development, execution, and support of division-wide tools and resources focused on clinical initiatives,
3) facilitation and project leadership of division-wide implementations of division or
enterprise applications, and 4) resolution of complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk
or other division or facility service resources.
The Consulting EHR Support Analyst Pharmacy coordinates division-wide parameter management, develops
education/training materials for new applications, manages validation of system upgrades' impact on advanced
applications, and implements software releases and best practices related to their specialty area(s). This individual
participates in the company-wide community in their specialty area(s), supports community growth within the
division by establishing and growing strong relationships with all EHR Support roles and core team members, and works with the Division EHR Support Specialist Team to ensure advanced
clinical applications are well supported throughout the division.
• Works with the Division EHR Support Specialist Team to identify and promote division goals.
• Coordinates the implementation of division-wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities in the specialty area(s).
• Develops, executes, and supports division-wide tools and resources focused on clinical initiatives.
• Provides user support and system maintenance for advanced clinical applications for all division hospitals.
• Conducts problem analyses and timely and accurate resolution for complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources regarding advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s).
• Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise Service Desk in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
• Participates in root cause analysis as trends in issues in specialty area(s) are identified.
• Works with facility EHR Support Analysts, Senior EHR Support Analysts and Division EHR Specialist Team to provide support for module updates and advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s).
• Coordinates division-wide testing for advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s); assists in interpretation of test plans and in troubleshooting.
• Works with Education Specialist to design and develop base education/training materials in clinical application specialty area(s) to support staff training and continued education.
• Provides training to division EHR Support specialists and facility EHR Support Analysts, Senior EHR Support Analysts and super users (train the trainer) on advanced clinical applications.
• Works with the Division EHR Support Team to define clinical application reporting standards and works with facilities to implement the standards.
• Performs clinical applications report writing as needed and coordinates priorities for reporting requests with the Division Reporting Analyst and the Division EHR Support Specialist Team.
• Actively supports and promotes systems standardization, utilization, and best practices.
• Aggregates data from division-level reports and investigates discrepancies in delivered reports.
• Participates with peers in enterprise communities to identify and evaluate best practices, packaging, and promoting cross-division best practice efforts.
• Identifies, evaluates, designs, and packages division best practices, policies and procedures for clinical application implementation and use.
• Works with facilities to manage/facilitate implementation of standards, best practices, policies, procedures, and utilization plans within a specialty area.
• Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
• Builds the division community in clinical application specialty area(s) by establishing and growing strong relationships with super users, core team members, EHR Support Analysts, Senior EHR Support Analysts, and
specialty networks across HCA.
• Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
• Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have 7+ years of relevant work experience required
• Pharmacist or PharmD required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Mature understanding of clinical opera tions and clinical application support processes and workflow
• Understands pertinent accreditation guidelines, such as JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA, and ACR
• Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally
and in writing
• Demonstrated customer orientation
• Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
• Demonstrated advanced computer skills
• Understanding of reporting tools functionality and capabilities
• Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
• Proficiency in various programming and clinical application reporting tools
• Customer service orientation and/or training
• Bachelor's degree required
• Consulting EHR Support Analyst Pharmacy – Pharmacist/PharmD required
• Seven+ years’ experience in clinical application support and/or Master's Degree
Job Code: 25471-13481