Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Consulting Network Engineer? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Consulting Network Engineer like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
Provide Enterprise data networking designs, services, consulting, and support in a fortune 100 company environment with national reach. These responsibilities will require the candidate to be a Subject Matter Expert across network technologies, services, and additional related components (as listed for this position). The candidate must provide solutions that meet HCA network requirements and maintain networking service levels.
This position will interact daily with the Availability Center, Customer Support, Business Partners, Vendors, IT&S personnel, as well as the end users on developing network solutions to meet business requirements. Excellent written and oral communications skills regarding presentations, technical white papers, and network proposals will be required. Project management and problem management skills are required to effectively meet business objectives and Service Level Agreements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
• Design, deploy, and maintain complex nation-wide, enterprise WAN/LAN solutions, utilizing best practice switching/routing technologies and topologies. (ie: Fortune 100 experience in network design, deployment and support)
• Strategic enterprise network planning and integration of new technologies.
• New and best of breed product and technology evaluations and research.
• Certification, Proof of Concept, and/or integration testing.
• Working with vendors on product design enhancements to integrate new technologies
• Technical white papers on new technologies and operational module development
• OSPF/BGP routing protocols, IP advertising/filtering/redistribution, Quality of Service, IP multicast
• Engineering consultations of Level III network troubleshooting/problem resolutions, protocol analysis, network troubleshooting/problem determination skills with network trace/capture/analysis software
• System architecture and tiered application modules knowledge. Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns.
• Network impact analysis, modeling, network capacity planning
• Software/hardware device upgrades, LAN equipment configurations/provisioning (see specific technologies within Area of Experience section).
• IP addressing, variable length subnet masking
• Wide Area Network technology provisioning and configuration (i.e. VPLS, MPLS, ATM, Private Line, Frame Relay) and WAN equipment configurations for bandwidth rates from DSL to 10gb, as well as Metro-E connectivity from 10mb to 10gb
• Networking services for ACS, AAA, DHCP, BOOTP, DNS, ICMP and SNMP
• Design and support for network security technologies and products (ASA, Checkpoint, Juniper SSL and NetScaler)
• Remote access technologies (i.e. SSL-VPN, IPSec, B2B, private line and Dial-up).
• F5 Load-balancing design and configuration
• Setting network standards and policies/procedural documentation and enterprise level network diagramming
• Training/Mentoring peers and other IT&S staff
• Project Management and problem management skill sets
• Meet IT&S change management and project management requirements
• ITIL Knowledge
• Minimal travel for network analysis, network upgrades and customer network consultations
• Act as a technical lead for other engineers during projects, ensuring work is being completed accurately and on-time
AREA OF EXPERIENCE
Cisco Data Networking Technologies
Layer 1-2 (ie: Trunking, VLANs, STP, Multicast, PPP, Frame/Relay, ATM, MPLS, VPLS, Metro-E)
Layer 3 (ie: OSPF, BGP, Cisco VRFs, QOS, ACLs, Route redistribution, Route filtering, MPLS-VPNs, etc..)
Network Management Tools (ie: Spectrum, Voyence, IP-SLA, Netflow, SMNP, logging, etc..)
Network Security (ie: ACLs, Route-maps, IOS Firewall, ASA, routing protocol authentication, etc...)
General Enterprise Security knowledge (ie: Network design knowledge within a 1300+ router and 100+ FW environment.
Developing capacity planning strategies used by operational departments.
Troubleshooting complex nation-wide network issues.
IP management standards.
Network Services (DNS, DHCP, NTP, etc..)
Voice over IP.
Video over IP knowledge a plus.
Training and Presenting technical material to others, including leadership.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
1-3 years of Network Designing
3-7 years of Network Designing
More than 7 years Designing large scale networks (ie: Fortune 100 companies).
College graduate requiredCERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Cisco CCIE (Routing & Switching) or equivalent experience
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Consulting Network Engineer opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.