The Physician Services Group (PSG) is responsible for several lines of business, including Physician Practices, Hospital-based physician services, Urgent Care Services, Graduate Medical Education, and Health 2 You. PSG currently has over 3,000 providers and 800 physician practices. PSG is growing rapidly in the Urgent Care setting, with 90 Urgent Care Clinics currently and over 300 projected by the end of 2018. The Graduate Medical Education program is projected to double in size, to become the largest in the World by the end of 2020 with over 5,000 residents. PSG IT&S will need to handle the demands of such rapid growth. PSG IT&S supports centralized departments supporting the lines of business, such as Financial Services, Accounting, Human Resources, Information Protection and Security, Ethics & Compliance, Quality and Government Programs, Coding Operations and HIM, Ambulatory EHR, Management Services, Marketing and Digital Services, Physician Development, and Practice Operations.
Provide security based networking designs, services and support for HCA’s enterprise network. These responsibilities will require knowledgeable skill sets across the network security technologies, services and components. Position must keep updated on the latest networking technologies and services so that the enterprise network is strategically enhanced to proactively meet the HCA customer/business requirements and maintain networking service levels.
Position will interact daily with the Information Support Center, Customer Support, business partners, vendors, other IT&S staff/management and end users/customers on developing networking solutions that meet HCA business requirements. Written and oral communications for presentations, technical white papers and technical proposals will be required. Project management and problem management skills are required to effectively meet HCA business objectives and Service Level Agreements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Configuration and Support of LAN/WAN environments according to best practice switching/routing technologies and topologies
- Configure network security Requests for Service according to standards
- Working knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls, Juniper Remote access solutions, or other network security technologies
- IP addressing, variable length subnet masking
- Strong understanding of OSPF/BGP routing protocols, IP advertising/filtering/distribution, Quality of Service
- Strong network troubleshooting/problem resolutions, protocol analysis, network troubleshooting/problem determination skills with network trace/capture/analysis software
- Design and support for network security technologies and products (i.e. Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPNs)
- Network Access Control Lists
- System architecture and tiered application modules knowledge. Understanding of end-to-end data flows and traffic patterns.
- New and best of breed product and technology evaluations and research, integration testing
- Network impact analysis, modeling, network capacity planning
- Software/hardware device upgrades, LAN equipment configurations/provisioning
- Wide Area Network technology provisioning and configuration (i.e. Frame Relay, ATM, etc.) and WAN equipment configurations for bandwidth rates from Fractional T1 to OC-48.
- Network security services for Internet connectivity
- Network standards/procedural documentation and network diagramming
- Project Management and problem management skill sets
- Meet IT&S change management and project management requirements
Bachelor's Degree preferred
Technical training highly desired
7+ years' experience working with large scale networks
- Cisco Data Networking Technologies
- Layer 1-2 (ie: Trunking, VLANs, STP, Multicast, PPP, Frame/Relay, ATM, MPLS, Metro-E)
- General Layer 3 (ie: OSPF, BGP, Cisco VRFs, QOS, ACLs, Route redistribution, MPLS-VPNs, etc..)
- General Network Management Tools (ie: CiscoWorks, Voyence, IP-SLA, Netflow, SMNP, logging, etc..)
- Network Security (ie: ACLs, Route-maps, Firewall, routing protocol authentication, etc…)
- Enterprise Security knowledge (ie: Network design knowledge within a 1300+ router and 100+ FW environment.
- Developing capacity planning strategies used by operational departments.
- Troubleshooting complex nation-wide network issues
- IP management standards.