US Advisor & Intermediary Solutions
The Consulting Director is responsible for the support, creation, and delivery of the highest level of consultative expertise in the areas of Russell Investments' products and capital markets insight for the Advisor and Intermediary Services (AIS) group. In close coordination with the Portfolio Consulting Group (PCG) team, this position will act as a subject matter expert to address specific internal and external client needs and requests.
This will involve securing, creating, reviewing and coordinating the appropriate internal resources and expertise in response to client needs in the areas of investment management, product structure issues, competitor analysis, and capital markets research. As a key note and authoritative speaker for Russell Investment's best thinking, this position is intended to posses the most senior capabilities for describing, delivering and tailoring Russell Investments' expertise in multi-asset solutions, capital market insights and business solutions in response to client needs. This role also requires an analytical framework to act as a leading advocate for tax-smart investing topics, while also being a subject matter expert on investment tax topics across the firm. The position will help to leverage the resources of the PCG team and the Investment Division to allow more meaningful dialogue with advisors, partners, sales/service teams etc.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Create and deliver content highlighting Russell Investments' investment approach to include tax-smart investing. This includes product presentations, market commentaries, competitor insights, data searches, etc.
- With the support of Product Team and Investment Division, create/review/analyze the underlying data around quarterly competitor analysis for distribution to Sales & Service teams.
- Generate ideas and strategies for product development discussions to extend Russell Investments industry leading multi-asset investment approach.
- Possess and maintain a deep understanding of tax-aware topics to include asset location strategies, income and withdrawal strategies, account conversions (IRA, ROTH IRA, 401k, etc.), role of annuities, existing tax code and tax reform.
- Expand market share and revenue generation by assessing tax-smart and multi-asset opportunities in conjunction with Sales and Business Development Teams
- Collaborate effectively with all internal teams to leverage resources and harness the power of tax-smart investment themes and business solutions to deepen relationships with clients.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- At least 7 years of experience with a proven success record in asset management or the financial services industry working with advisors, home offices and end investors.
- A high level of self-awareness and conscientiousness when working in a team-based environment while possessing the skills to be focused on the vital few priorities that drive sales success
- Outstanding communication, analytical, presentation and consensus building skills required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Relevant industry designation to include CFP, CPA or CFA highly desirable
- Series 7, 63/65 or 66 licenses required